Next dream gun?

I want the S&W 610 that EC just posted they are making again.
Then an STI or Infinity limited gun in .40 for next season!

I'd be pushing the price tag limit but I've seen them go for anywhere between 12 and 15 hundred and its my goal to own one and I know I will someday... a Gewehr 43!

intro547.jpg

Hitler's Garand. If the Germans had these in mass production the way we had M1 Garands, we'd have been in deep shit during WW2. Thankfully they only started getting issued after our guys had a head start in Europe. Unfortunately thats one reason why they're so pricey and hard to find now.[sad]

I'd be pushing the price tag limit but I've seen them go for anywhere between 12 and 15 hundred and its my goal to own one and I know I will someday... a Gewehr 43!

intro547.jpg

Hitler's Garand. If the Germans had these in mass production the way we had M1 Garands, we'd have been in deep shit during WW2. Thankfully they only started getting issued after our guys had a head start in Europe. Unfortunately thats one reason why they're so pricey and hard to find now.[sad]
I think the Sturmgewehr 44 would have made a much more significant impact if it had been fielded in mass quantities say around 1943 or so.

The main battle rifle's days were over by 1942 as the tactical reality made their long range unnecessary. A 250 - 300 yard rifle with lots of ammo is what infantry has needed since and the StG 44 was IT.

If a gun cost less than $1500 I will just buy it without much though. That being said I would have to go with an S&W 627 8-shot. I've been itching for one all of a sudden. I think I may just have to buy one this week.

I need to get a green card. I have simple needs, I just want my very own M16.

Oh- didn't notice the $1500 limit. I guess I'll have to settle for an AR.

Last edited:
Great Thread

Dream gun under $1500?!?!?!?! Tough one.
Springfield TRP Armory Kote 1911. Close 2nd, HK USP compact .45.

[smile]

[cheers]

Seeing as I'm in mass I'm limited less by my wallet and more by...oh, man I'm not getting started on this again.

I'm a .45 fan and I like both of those for ccw.

Last edited:
Brown Bess

flintlock_charleville_%20musket_1.jpg

1795%20springfield%202.JPG

1795 Springfield Flintlock Infantry Musket - United States

The Brown Bess is the name for a long-serving series of flintlock smoothbore muskets that saw action with the British Army from the early 1700s through to the end of the Napoleonic Wars (early 1800s) and while traditionally associated with the campaigns in Portugal, Spain and Europe, also saw action in North America.

Either a S&W 4 inch 686.....
or a Savage 12 BVSS in .223 set up with competition iron sights.

I'd love a Ohio Ord. M1918A3..........but you won't find one for $1,500.

MA Compliant?

SIG P250. Have you guys seen the new video of this thing up on the Sig site? A guy takes the entire gun apart without even a punch. It has less parts then a GLOCK and has three interchangeable frames. Sign me up.

I hope they come out with a MA Compliant version.

Right now on the site they say none is available.

Well, I haven't bought any guns yet as I'm waiting for my LTC to come in. My first planned purchase (a Ruger 22 pistol) won't hit the $500 target. My probable next purchase, a 9mm of some sort probably won't either. The dream gun that meets the criteria will be my first 1911. I'm currently drooling over the S&W lightweight commander, but I've only shot full size 1911s so far. Anyone have an alloy commander that's coming to the pumpkin shoot?

I want a G23..... 3ed gen! w/high caps!!!!

I may be becomming an auxilary police officer when I turn 21 and MAYBE my dream will come true! :)

Kimber Ten. I really like the blasphemy of a plastic-frame 1911 [laugh]

Also I'm with Ross on the IMB M1 Carbine. That's just too g33k-tastic to pass by!

Arrrrr

Ah, youth. I wonder why the attraction by the very young to plastic?

With the kimber you get the size and weight of a S&W1911Sc, but a 13 shot mag.

Of course in reality my next gun will likley be just that S&W only because getting the 13 round mags here in mass, may be just this side of impossible, and a very unflattering price(I've seen 'em for $40+!), while quality 8-round 1911 mags can be had for short money here.

Back
Top Bottom