NH non resident permit?

Also why only up to 2018. I thought 5 years instead of 4

Neither. The answer is only a few posts up. Also, it is in the RSA.

Is that your birth month? No less than 4 years...

" for not less than 4 years from the date of issue...When required, license renewal shall take place within the month of the fourth anniversary of the license holder's date of birth following the date of issuance"

Last edited:
Non Resident / Got it today.

Mailed & received in Concord ---- 8/11

Check cashed ------------------ 8/26

License received ---------------- 8/28

Issue date on license is 8/22/14
Expires on ---------- 3/31/19

I just got my renewed license and it says it was issued on 8/4/2013. 2013?

It doesn't expire until 2019 so I am not going to try to fix it. Besides, in all likelihood I will be living in NH way before then.

According to the USA Carry "Concealed Carry Permit Reciprocity Maps" a Non Resident N.H. Permit is honored in PA. Is this correct?

I ask because my Utah Permit no longer has reciprocity w/ PA. but I heard that Utah & PA are working to restore it in the future.

I think the only thing you need to do is notify ATF. Nobody cares in NH.

Assuming that your MG is a rifle, to remain in within the letter of the law, all long guns need to be unloaded when being transported by motor vehicle. So unload it - and while not required per law - I would lock it in a case and keep it in a locked trunk.

If the MG is a handgun then it will need to remain unloaded if you carry it concealed or in a motor vehicle, unless you have a valid and current NH non-resident P/R license.

Does anyone know what the current turn around is on permits? I know I sent mine in about 3 weeks ago, my check got cashed 9/30 and I am trying to figure out when I might see the permit in my mailbox. (I know its not today as I already got my mail for today. [frown]) I had some plans for later in the week and I had been hoping to have it before then but I am thinking it might not come till next week. Anyone thoughts on how long it is now between check cashed and permit arriving?

Why not make a phone call to NHSP? It's not like MA, they actually are helpful.

I had actually gone halfway through the phone menu and they had a prompt for if your check had been cashed more than 4 weeks ago and you hadn't gotten a response. I didn't want to hound them about it if they are just running a little behind. I am traveling in the Midwest all next week so even if I called and got them to have it in the mail tomorrow it wouldn't do me much good. I always try to avoid hounding people if I know they are already doing the best they can, as opposed to how I called the licensing officer in my town ever few days after a few weeks passed from my interview (Though I live in a green town and he honestly couldn't have gotten it to me any faster than it was issued).

I had actually gone halfway through the phone menu and they had a prompt for if your check had been cashed more than 4 weeks ago and you hadn't gotten a response. I didn't want to hound them about it if they are just running a little behind. I am traveling in the Midwest all next week so even if I called and got them to have it in the mail tomorrow it wouldn't do me much good. I always try to avoid hounding people if I know they are already doing the best they can, as opposed to how I called the licensing officer in my town ever few days after a few weeks passed from my interview (Though I live in a green town and he honestly couldn't have gotten it to me any faster than it was issued).

That's nice and all, but they are required by law to issue the license or denial in 14 days. This isn't Mass. So, call them and strongly remind them of that and demand they folllow the law.

Back
Top Bottom