Nikon P-223 3x32 Matte BDC Carbine

I have this scope on an ORC and like it a lot (price, performance). I have used it only out to 100 yds so far however so I can't comment on longer distance use. (FWIW, in a recent club event, I shot 5 rnds @ 100 yds w/ 1.2" group using a bench rest. Ok, so I have room to improve ;-)

"P" versions are based on the ProStaff series of optics. The "M" series are built on the superior Monarch optics.

You can use the reviews of the non-223 versions to get an idea of what to expect.

Generally, Nikon optics are top rated at a given price point and are usually a good value.

That said, I selected the M-223 3-12x42 BDC. I preferred this over the Nikoplex because I can not only use the BDC, but I can dial in specific loads using a well marked elevation turret just like 'normal' scopes. Now, if my ticket comes up to the top of White Oak's wait list, I can finish the upper for it.

Telepathically uploaded via Google implants.

I have the M-223 version. 3-12x42 BDC600 reticle.

Works great. Very rugged. The P-223 has a slightly different reticle, but for most AR shooting inside 200 yards, it's a moot point and more than adequate.

I got mine from this place because of their GREAT pricing. Here, I just saved you $26:

Black Bear Sporting Goods - Hunting, Archery, Fishing, Camping, Hiking, Boating, & more.

Like looking in the mirror at that scope and that on line source! I think you hooked me StevieP!

Love this setup (now with scope mounted correctly):

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1362452832.426687.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1362452832.426687.jpg
    227.3 KB · Views: 39
Steve, You are right on with your comment's about Nikon's M and P-Series scopes. I have been doing some PR/jack of all trades stuff for Nikon for a few years now. A lot of fun testing new scopes,mounts,reticles and rifles. I have been using Nikon's P-223 3-9 BDC 600 scope on my LMT 5.56 for a few months now and love the accuracy and clarity I get. I sometimes use different weight bullet's then 55 gr., so being able to utilize Nikon's Spot On Ballistic Program really enhances my long range accuracy. I have been waiting for quite a while to get my hands on a P-223 3X Carbine scope. It will work freat for close quarters in the brush hog hunting like we have down here in Tx. A buddy in NY uses one on his 3-gun rifle and loves that he is able to shoot with both eyes open.

There's a big Nikon Promo going on right now called, Mount 'Em Up. Buy a scope and get a free AR Mount. pretty nice savings. This is a once a year opportunity and honestly, so many folks take advantage of it we sell out. Hope this info helps?
Drop me a note if you have any question's. Happy to find this site. I lived in Maine for 3 years so I know what you guy's are going thru this time of year.

http://i1216.photobucket.com/albums/dd363/bman940/p-2233-9.jpg

Actually, after much searching, I found the 2-8x32 BDC600 for $349.95 thru opticsplanet.com...

With that, I got the free M223 XR mount...also, if you use coupon code SAVE30M, that'll save you another $30 on orders over $300.
Finally, no sales tax and free shipping!

BAM!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom