NoHo Moonbat trying to stop police qualifications

My experience with Northampton as a gun owner has actually been good. The Northampton police department is generally pro gun and I have not heard of anyone being harassed by them for exercising your rights. Has anyone else had a different experience?

It is also $150 a year! There is another club 10 minutes away that is only $30 and has a 300 yard range. (No indoor range though)
So you roll over at the cost of your members to be a good neighbor, Really, yes, your club does suck as it is willing to give up the freedom to use the property that your members pay dues to use. Remember your neighbors will never be good to the club the first chance they get to shut it down.

If I had heard gunfire when I was in school, I would have thought it was the coolest thing.

And that is one reason the antis want to eliminate the sound of gunfire. The kids will relate the sounds of police firearms practice to safety and lawfulness, when to the antis, the proper response is to duck and cover under the desk and shudder with fear. Most of the ridiculous BS about going splodeynanas over a picture of a gun is conditioning.

It is also $150 a year! There is another club 10 minutes away that is only $30 and has a 300 yard range. (No indoor range though)

Easthampton? Because Norwottuck is much cheaper than $30!! lol.

I looked into Easthampton, I thought you had to be approved by an existing member or something to get in. Then again, when I saw their website, I knew half the guys on the BOD.

I wouldn't mind paying $30 to get in on a 300 yard range. Norwottuck and Fairview are only 100 and 200 respectively.

So, now we're supposed to protect the little precious ones from loud noises? What's next?

Oh, I'll tell you what's next. Or what is even already present.
(I apologize to all the fine young men and women of this country and to their parents, which raised them well, this is not to include them.)

What's next (and already going on) is basically a generation which is disconnected from reality.
Every possible and even minimal harm danger has been prevented from them in their upbringing.
They are taught that if you just be nice to everyone and everything, then you must be paid back in the same way, even to a hungry wolf.

While death and destruction are everywhere, including a few miles up/down the highway from them, they won't know what it is.

They don't know how to clean a home to not look like a T-Rex took a shit in the living room, cook anything outside of a microwave oven, or change a flat tire on their car.

They rely on their parents well into their late 20's (also say mid 30's), but not in a noble "Thank you parents, for not only giving me life, but also not kicking me out'a here after I finished my double major in History and English", but more in a "well, Duh, of course I deserve this, I was told that I deserve everything"

What's next ? you get a generation that isn't worth S***.

Last edited:
Quote Originally Posted by JWPaolilliJr View Post

Some where in the article it said that the club restricted use of the outdoor ranges during the week!! That Club sucks the big one.

I thought it said that they used to allow police to use it during the weekend but they moved it to the weekdays so the members could use it during the busy weekends. I can't get back into it because of the paywall to check though.

I'm guessing some people have issues with reading comprehension....[troll]....But you are correct the article did state weekends.

So did I read that wrong or is the club actually helping the members by keeping the range open during the weekends instead of closing for the police?

The issue arose after Northampton police, who previously held their training on weekends, learned over the summer that the Revolver Club voted against continuing that practice. The club wanted to free up its range for recreational use on weekends, which are a popular time for target shooting, said Police Capt. Jody Kasper.

LOL. That's the sound of free men (and women) learning to protect themselves, their families, and their country. What's wrong with these people?

Oh and for about a year, my brother used to annoyingly put on war movies for me to wake up to, EVERY DAMN DAY. He wouldn't watch them or anything...just put them on and leave the room. I'd just f*cking wake up to The Longest Day, Run Silent Run Deep, Big Red One...Christ.

OMG...Those are definitely some of my favorite movies. Quick non thread story....got my father a 60 inch HD TV for his birthday last Feb. Set the TV Up and Run Silent Run Deep was on. Never saw this in HD until this time and this time we could see the wires on the subs and torpedoes. I was devastated. lol

It is the Williamsburg rod and gun club. The range is basic but it very private and there is rarely anyone there when you go. We have been "building" the 300 yard range for a couple of years.

Private meaning it's not adjacent to a school and a Nature Conservancy preserve? Or private meaning I'm from out of town so I'm not getting in? 300 yards would be fun to try.

Five pages and nobody mentioned suppressors. I find it ironic that we can't have them because they make gunz too quiet. Anyone want to put money on if this lady favors legalizing them? She does support 2A after all.

Regulator: Hell with all the posters bashing you. You are the boots on the ground, and have to deal with the realities of the situation.

as for making the po-po shoot during the week:

View attachment 117600

Your club is providing a community service (I'm guessing at no charge to John Law, and therefore, the taxpayers), and you should trumpet that.

Have you offered the school the opportunity to have kids do the Junior Rifle thing? The exploding heads would be louder than the shooting.

[rofl]

Keep up the good fight.

Regulator: Hell with all the posters bashing you. You are the boots on the ground, and have to deal with the realities of the situation.

as for making the po-po shoot during the week:

View attachment 117600

Your club is providing a community service (I'm guessing at no charge to John Law, and therefore, the taxpayers), and you should trumpet that.

Have you offered the school the opportunity to have kids do the Junior Rifle thing? The exploding heads would be louder than the shooting.

[rofl]

Keep up the good fight.

WMassRegulator guy: you really really really really really really really need to do this......and then make damn sure 22 News gets the story.

Quote Originally Posted by JWPaolilliJr View Post

Some where in the article it said that the club restricted use of the outdoor ranges during the week!! That Club sucks the big one.

I'm guessing some people have issues with reading comprehension....[troll]....But you are correct the article did state weekends.

Sorry, JWP Jr. was correct. The article stated that the club outdoor ranges are normaly closed during school hours. The Police used to shoot on the weekend but the club moved them to weekdays and some of the scheduled range time was during the school day.
I'm guessing some people have issues with reading comprehension....[troll] just not the one you were implying. [wink]
White Feather

It's a good club, usually low key. I'm a member and have had a good experience there. There's only a 100 yard range and 50 yard range but it's nice and only 10 minutes from my house. The neighbours have been a problem for the last couple years I've been shooting there and it's not unusual for them to call the cops (who generally show up and don't care what you're doing...save a few)

“I feel very strongly that no elementary school-age child should have to listen to gunfire as background noise while they are in school,” she wrote. “Of course, we don’t want children to be frightened or upset by this. To me it would be equally unacceptable for children to become desensitized to the sound of gunshots.[shocked]
Hell, I try to hone my sensitivity to gun shots to be able to determine whether it was a rifle, pistol, or shot gun that was being fired. I could then speculate what they might be firing at and decide if I wanted to join them. [grin]
White Feather

Misterhappy,
I would love to start a jr. rifle team at the club, My family is big into the 4H and I have been trying to get something rolling with them either in Northampton or at another club. Massachusetts is the only state in the country without a 4H marksmanship program and it would be nice to fix that.

“I feel very strongly that no elementary school-age child should have to listen to gunfire as background noise while they are in school,” she wrote. “Of course, we don’t want children to be frightened or upset by this. To me it would be equally unacceptable for children to become desensitized to the sound of gunshots.[shocked]
That really reveals the state of mind of the person you quoted. In that person's world gunfire can only signify mayhem and death, and guns are inherently evil. That person would vehemently oppose the very idea that children could learn to associate gunfire with, say, target practice or shooting competitions since that would be in defiance of the guns-Я-bad narrative.

Back
Top Bottom