• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Non resident LTC timeline

I mailed my application on12/22/22.
Had my in person interview on 5/29/23 and was told my LTC would be mailed in 2 weeks
After waiting 2 months I called on 8/30/23 and was told they were backed up and it should be mailed soon
So its has been over 8 months since submitting my application and more than 90 days since my interview.
Thought some other people might want to know the time for a non-resident permit

Figured I'd give an update on my ongoing experience. Renewal sent in 8/1X/2023. According to the hotline, it was accepted 8/2X/2023. Just called and they said 90 days processing time and to expect it early December. Money order was cashed about a month and a half ago.

My recent renewal experience (with the in-person interview):

Latest update on my LTC status. It is now over 5 months since my interviewing almost 11 months since submitting my application. I called about about 10 days ago and was told the person who did the interview was backed up. Said he would call her and have it taken care of by the end of the week. And I also understand the Easter Bunny will deliver it to me. Just more BS from Mass

My understanding is that those nonresident licenses are only valid for a year. If it is taking this long, and they have affectively borrowed you from carrying. Essentially, you are up for renewal now, correct?

I am moving out of this shithole soon. I will not be getting a nonresident license to carry because I will never set foot in Massachusetts again. I don’t care what happens to anyone in the family. I am not coming back once I get to Tennessee.

I mailed my application October 14th, today I got an e-mail for an appointment August 5, 2024. Assuming 8 weeks after that, it will basically be a year since I mailed it. I’ll basically have to put the 2025 renewal in the mail the day I get the 2024, assuming I even bother.

I mailed my application October 14th, today I got an e-mail for an appointment August 5, 2024. Assuming 8 weeks after that, it will basically be a year since I mailed it. I’ll basically have to put the 2025 renewal in the mail the day I get the 2024, assuming I even bother.
Like I said, someone needs to sue MA over this.

Went in for my interview today at the FRB in Chelsea. Got there around 11:10 AM for an 11:30 AM appointment. Free parking in the parking lot down the street one block was a plus.

Security ran my belt, cellphone and US quarter through a TSA like scanner. The guy then ran a wand over me. After that a nice YL took me upstairs (right on time) for the "interview" and fingerprints. Didn't ask any questions about "why I want the license" or anything like that. In 10 minutes the meeting was over.

She said I should get my non-resident license in 60 days. [rofl]

Figured I'd give an update on my ongoing experience. Renewal sent in 8/1X/2023. According to the hotline, it was accepted 8/2X/2023. Just called and they said 90 days processing time and to expect it early December. Money order was cashed about a month and a half ago.
Received my LTC on December 23, 2023 finally. Kids tossed it in a pile of Junk Mail and I didn't find it until earlier this week. LOL

Is any of this going to matter if the current bill is passed?

For what its worth, I send in my renewal every 6 months to ensure I get it back before expiration.

Back
Top Bottom