• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Northeast Arms - Route 1 South in Peabody

Had a muzzle break pinned here today, did a fantastic job it looks great. Nice store with plenty of accessories including uppers and lowers, ammo is in stock, nice rifles on the wall. Friendly staff that are easy to talk to. CHECK THIS STORE OUT GUYS!

Had a pistol shipped here for transfer and picked it up today, went smooth as it could ever go. I can't recommend this store enough, no waiting in long lines rubbing up against a bunch of people to see anything. He has a bunch of .22 500 round bricks as well.

If you don't mind sharing, what was the turn around time on the 1911 job? I'm toying with the idea of having my g19 cerakoted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine was about 4 weeks, maybe 5. Now understand I had the whole gun coated so it needed to be stripped, there were some issues with internals and I went on 2 business trips. It wasn't a normal set of circumstance for the job.

I recommend calling Steve and getting a quote and time frame - he'll know best.

Mine was about 4 weeks, maybe 5. Now understand I had the whole gun coated so it needed to be stripped, there were some issues with internals and I went on 2 business trips. It wasn't a normal set of circumstance for the job.

I recommend calling Steve and getting a quote and time frame - he'll know best.

No worries. I've got a few things on the list to do to the gun before i have it cerakoted, trying to figure out a time frame so i can justify buying another carry gun since mine would be getting worked on to the better half

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had a Glock slide done by Steve that took about a week. However, it was done a couple of months after the store opened (before they were well known).

I had some AR work done at this shop. The labor prices were unbelievably cheap, and the work was done well. I would recommend this place every time for any sort of AR work that needs to be done.

Now that Northshore has completely alienated itself from every online community in the universe this looks like it's going to be my local FFL.

Yeah they were very fair when they installed some new sights on my Coonan 357 mag 1911 a couple months back. I need to call them today as I want to replace the front sight with a fiber optic sight.

Another great experience at Northeast Arms. Had Steve do a quick compensator pin and weld on an LR-308 for me and it came out great. Picked up a cool extended bolt release for my new match rifle cheaper than I could find it online (and no shipping!) The selection of in stock AR parts is by far the best I've seen in MA - if you need it they probably have it on the wall. I was looking for an extended bolt release and they had like five different types to choose from. Cool, laid back shop with great customers and staff.

(Side note, their website is temporarily offline but they're on Facebook here: https://www.facebook.com/NortheastArms)

Last edited:
Just want to give Northeast Arms a shout out. I had a muzzle brake pinned/welded ($40) and bayo lug removed ($10) on Saturday morning. Shop opened at 11AM, I got there a few minutes after and was out of there by 11:35AM. Good AR work for a great price. I'll definitely be back.

MA_01.jpg MA_02.jpg MA_03.jpg

FYI, shop is in the rear of the strip mall, just in case you have trouble locating it.

I got a pin and weld for a Troy Claymore brake a few weeks ago. Another great job. I'm glad they were busy enough that I couldn't stay and wait for it, they deserve the business.

When I picked it up, I walked out with an AK. Not sure how that happened.

More praise for Steve and Northeast Arms, he did a pin & weld for me, which looks and shoots great, as well as some other work. A+ guy all around!

I know I've posted it before but I've had several pin jobs done here and I wouldn't go any place else. Steve has gone above and beyond for me and others in my family who've had muzzle break pin jobs done. I wouldn't dream of going any place else.

Another Great Job at Northeast done to MY AK today (pin/weld) Bayo lug removal. Always a Great place to Visit and has a lot of parts in stock for AR's.
oh and Nice seeing you there Andrew...

Wow. Steve and his gunsmith (didn't catch his name) did a fantastic job drifting the seized up front sight on my Swiss K31 rifle. I hammered it with no success. Brought it to Steve and they used a lot of heat and high quality drift punches to free the front sight and get it back to center. They also cleaned up the burrs and scratches from me hammering it with cheap punches. Looks awesome.

I cannot thank them enough and recommend everyone come here for any sort of gunsmithing work - whether it be a 70 year milsurp rifle like mine or modern AR's. They also didn't charge me anything for their work! But I'll be back next weekend to buy a muzzle break and get in pinned/welded.
Before:
View attachment 149871
After:
View attachment 149872

I brought my LMT barrel in to Steve to get a new comp (cav comp) plus a pin/weld done. I can say he has my business forever now for any AR needs. Flawless job and a very knowledgeable staff! I would suggest anyone to stop by and checkout his selection of AR and AK parts...unlike any shop around.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1446391685.896803.jpg

Last edited:
Northeast Arms

I've gone to a few shops in Mass and NH, but after visiting Northeast Arms on route 1 in Peabody MA, I've found my go to shop. Guys know their shit. I've gotten a couple of good deals on firearms and ammo. They've done work on both my Beretta's and my S&W 1911 3", as well as building me a custom Colt AR15 for less then I've have paid for a stock AR at some of the other local stores. Worth the trip.

Back
Top Bottom