Not all Marriage suck they say….

I was super cautious about marriage. I had been burned so many times by women, I figured I’d never do it.

Finally met someone and after dating for 8 wonderful years, got married around 39. Everything was great so we had a kid. Everything was even greater, so we had another.

Then the vag slammed shut. Then the silent treatment and cold shoulder started when I forgot to take the chicken out of the freezer. Or opted to clear the snow from the driveway when I woke up instead of at 6am after working a 12 hour graveyard shift. Or any little shit you can think of.

The silent treatments got longer and longer, and then one day I realized she had been giving it for over a month after our last argument. One night we had a shouting match and she hit me a few times. I ripped a door off the hinges and smashed it to splinters rather than hit her.

After that I moved out and that was the end of it. Divorce was easy. No lawyers, no fighting. We work everything out between us like adults with no cops or government.

The point is that everything can be perfect. Then you wake up one day and it’s not anymore.

A wise man once said “women marry men thinking they will change, but they don’t. Men marry women thinking they won’t change, but they will.”

Edit: should have added that I’m actually happy now. I avoid women 100% and have no interest in being in any kind of relationship. It’s so nice to live alone and just do my own thing when I don’t have the boys. Life is good.

Last edited:
I was super cautious about marriage. I had been burned so many times by women, I figured I’d never do it.

Finally met someone and after dating for 8 wonderful years, got married around 39. Everything was great so we had a kid. Everything was even greater, so we had another.

Then the vag slammed shut. Then the silent treatment and cold shoulder started when I forgot to take the chicken out of the freezer. Or opted to clear the snow from the driveway when I woke up instead of at 6am after working a 12 hour graveyard shift. Or any little shit you can think of.

The silent treatments got longer and longer, and then one day I realized she had been giving it for over a month after our last argument. One night we had a shouting match and she hit me a few times. I ripped a door off the hinges and smashed it to splinters rather than hit her.

After that I moved out and that was the end of it. Divorce was easy. No lawyers, no fighting. We work everything out between us like adults with no cops or government.

The point is that everything can be perfect. Then you wake up one day and it’s not anymore.

A wise man once said “women marry men thinking they will change, but they don’t. Men marry women thinking they won’t change, but they will.”

Edit: should have added that I’m actually happy now. I avoid women 100% and have no interest in being in any kind of relationship. It’s so nice to live alone and just do my own thing when I don’t have the boys. Life is good.
Listening to news now - you’ve got an easy way out. Some 38 yr old chick in Lynn just ended 3 male relatives, then did herself on a parking lot.
Does not sing a marital happiness to me much.

They did not say what gun, pity.

In the end you've found a kind of happiness. Make the Best Life you can and be joyful.
Best Wishes, ~Matt

Close to me. 10 years with starter, 21 with number 2.
I'm, ahem, a few years older than #2. we went to my 40th HS reunion in 2014, at the end of the night she said to me, 'I think you friend Jim just insulted me!' Me: what did he say?
her: 'he asked me if I was really your wife or if you just rented me for the evening!"

me: that's a compliment [rofl][rofl]

Back
Top Bottom