Nov 4th - Lunenburg R&G

There is a show Nov 4th at Lunenburg R&G. I picked up a flyer last night at a match, but I seemed to have misplaced it.

I've never been, but heard it is a small show (must be by definition, not that much space).

Any comments on what to expect?

Matt

I can't provide any first-hand info, but I've got the flyer in front of me. Supposedly, there'll be 60 8-ft tables. Time is from 9 AM to 4 PM, Admission $4 ($1 off with flyer, which is just photocopied, so if anyone wants to PM me with a fax # I'll fax a copy to you). For additional info it says to contact Stanley Potts @ 978 342-3250.

Directions: From Rt. 2 (E or W) take exit 35 (Lunenburg Rd, also Rt. 70), then north 1.5 miles (road ends at "T"), right 1/4 mile, then left onto Reservoir Road for 2.5 miles - look for sign on left.

I was there last year.

Picture a small clubhouse (say, 40 ft wide x 80 ft long) crammed full of tables of gun stuff. Two aisles, basically in a circular pattern around the room, with gun folks elbow-to-elbow. Outside is a dirt parking lot with every inch taken up by parked cars/pickups - all free, of course.

Tons of parts and pieces, some old ammo dug out of the closet, paper targets, dummy rounds, books, holsters, pistols, rifles, shotguns, reloading supplies..... you name it. Much of it isn't worth much - just some fellow looking to clear out the extra's. The guys behind the tables are more likely to be good 'ole boys than commercial vendors.

Up front is the kitchen and a few small tables where people are eating a delicious, just-cooked breakfast, and the aroma is wafting over the entire room.

Here and there are little crowds of gun people huddle around some interesting bit of history, and marveling at how few are left.

It's certainly not Springfield.... it's just an old-fashioned gun show like grandpa used to go to.

YOU'VE GOT TO GO - AT LEAST ONCE - BEFORE THEY ALL DISAPPEAR.

My 2 cents...

Small show, a handful of regular FFLs and some tables with miscellanous
stuff. Overall volume isnt huge, but the stuff thats there is halfway
decent. The show is not "ammo heavy", that'd be the only downside,
imo.

I'm going... but then again I only live like less than 15 minutes from
there.

-Mike

Saturday show

This will be the first Saturday in a long time i am free to get to a show, so rather go to a small show than none, would anyone know the street address so i can punch into my nav ?

This will be the first Saturday in a long time i am free to get to a show, so rather go to a small show than none, would anyone know the street address so i can punch into my nav ?

The best directions are the ones Dick gave. Another idea is to just punch
in Resevoir road in Lunenburg. You'll see the club sign right off the
road and theres a long dirt driveway, and the clubhouse and parking lot
is at the end.

-Mike

When you turn on to the road the club is on it looks like you are going to drive through the gravel processing plant. I drove past it twice thinking the road was a driveway for the plant.

Back
Top Bottom