• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

NRA Instructer class

Morning All I have a friend who wants to become an instructer and I was wondering if anybody here knew of any upcoming classes. Probably closer to RI if possible
Thanks in advance
Dave

I'm taking Rick's class this month given all the positive reviews I've seen on here [smile]

I'm taking Rick's class this month given all the positive reviews I've seen on here [smile]

You won't regret it! Rick and Jon Green are two of the BEST NRA TCs out there! You will learn a lot from either of them and thus be an asset to the NRA Instructor program AND your future students.

Another vote for Rick Sitte. (Scouter Rick)

I recently had the opportunity to take an instructor class with him. As an added bonus, he had Len S (Len-2a Training) as part of his training team. That was cool for me, as I always enjoy his insight WRT MA law on the forum.

Rick went out of his way to make a seat for me, as I had some scheduling difficulties with work that weekend, and could not sign up until the last minute. He actually had so many candidates that he had to move locations to accommodate us all!

The class of 20+ was well run.. There was total participation by all in class, and Rick did a great job of keeping things moving along efficiently. Plenty of laughs for a bunch of gun guys and gal in a room, but he kept us on point while having some fun.

Rick is definitely the kind of guy who wants to see people succeed, and has a great method of accomplishing that goal. I left the class with the knowledge, skills, and attitude necessary to begin helping folks get their LTC’s and that my time was well spent.

So if you are trying to decide whether or not to take one of his courses, you should have your answer now!

Mr. Brownstone, it was a pleasure meeting and working with you this past weekend. It was an excellent class and I really enjoyed working with Rick and all of you. Believe it or not, Rick and I never discussed beforehand what he wanted me to do in any detail, so I was winging it as we proceeded.

Rick indeed has a special talent for teaching and a true love for doing so. Probably why Rick and I became good friends years ago. He was my TC that trained and certified me to teach NRA Personal Protection in the Home and he and I were students being trained to teach NRA Personal Protection Outside the Home in another class. That's why I strongly recommend him to anyone looking for instructor training!

I also took Rick's class this weekend and I would suggest it to anyone interested in becoming certified. It's my understanding that this was a larger than normal group but Rick and Len did a great job. They were able to keep maintain a light and fun atmosphere while still keeping everyone focused.

Well done.

This is great info. I got very very little from the NRA Training Counselor that I took my class from. I learned much more by co-teaching with a friend who was very experienced and very good.

Either way. If you are in CT and contemplating taking an instructor course, PM me for a name to avoid.

Don

Too bad you other guys didn't ID yourself to me with username to put names and faces together. Only Mr. Brownstone did that.

Question. Is the new Blended NRA Basic Pistol being taught now to the newly minted instructors? Did Rick need to get recertified to teach the blended?

talk about relevant. You gents have any open classes in the near future? I'm signed up for one all the way in June somewhere else, and taunton is where I'm usually at anyways.

Contact Scouter-Rick directly. I just told him about this thread but he's been busy and wasn't aware of the comments about his class up to now.

Back
Top Bottom