• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Number of new .45ACP guns introduced vs 9MM in the past 5 years?

I don’t think 45acp will ever be extinct…. It’s arguably the best self defense caliber….the price of ammo for it seems to have really gone up. For me and a lot of other people it’s probably more about conceal abilities and/or shoot abilities…..small 45s have a lot of recoil, so small 9s and 380s are best for CC IMO
Depends on the 45. The Sig P220 Compact SAS is a very sweet shooter. I find it easier to shoot than a G 43 and even the G 19. The Sig is very comfortable for IWB carry and the G 19 doesn't even come close IMHO.

Every 1911 I’ve owned had a trigger issue. It would either fire on half-cock, or fire on full-cock but stick on half-cock.

I will never buy another 1911.

Buy a CZ 97.

The thinking man’s 45.
I have had, I think, 17 1911s, Ruger, Sig, Remington, Kimber, and one other I can't remember the brand, never once had any problem like you describe. Only problem I ever had with any of them was one came to me in trade with a broken extractor. We still have Rugers and a Kimber that have been flawless and the Kimber is my other carry gun when I don't want to carry my G19. What brand did you have that were so bad? I just want to know so I can avoid it when I go on another 1911 buying kick.

I have had, I think, 17 1911s, Ruger, Sig, Remington, Kimber, and one other I can't remember the brand, never once had any problem like you describe. Only problem I ever had with any of them was one came to me in trade with a broken extractor. We still have Rugers and a Kimber that have been flawless and the Kimber is my other carry gun when I don't want to carry my G19. What brand did you have that were so bad? I just want to know so I can avoid it when I go on another 1911 buying kick.
A Remington R1S and a Colt Series 70

Depends on the 45. The Sig P220 Compact SAS is a very sweet shooter. I find it easier to shoot than a G 43 and even the G 19. The Sig is very comfortable for IWB carry and the G 19 doesn't even come close IMHO.
Never tried one of those…big difference between a Glock 36 and a Glock 21 though

If you’re shooting light weight guns the 40 and 45 are too much for some to handle.
I prefer a full size 45. My 220 is my favorite but a 1911 is a tight second.

My 175 pound frame can’t hide a full size very well so summer carry is a 365.
Same here......but don't care about size/printing/hiding shit, most always carry a full size or medium size........its more about weight, and with a good belt it doesn't matter.

This faggy transition into micro pistols is stupid IMHO, they all have to be some smaller caliber because 45 in them is dumb. One thing I learned about all this is I hate them.

Ill take the 9mm medium Mossberg MC2 or full size G17/22/31 because it weighs less. Even then if its a full size it might be OWB depending on the day.

Winter/Fall/Early spring OWB 1911/Glock 21 in 45 more likely.

I don't give a fxck about calibers. I shoot them all including .357 sig and the dreaded 40.

No way 45 acp is going anywhere.

Last edited:
I continue to distrust all forms of Government. I still drop money once a month stock up on ammo. Even though I am currently not shooting a 45 very often I own a few of them. I grabbed 2 cases of 45 on my last order from TSUSA. I now have just shy of 4k rounds and enough components to reload another 2k.

I don’t know about CC not being viable. I carry a 1911 in either a shoulder or belt holster and never have issues concealing it. As soon as we got my Glock 21 home, my son stuffed it AIWB and said “Perfect”. He’s 11, 5’4 and 130lbs and it disappeared under an untucked t shirt. Granted, he doesn’t know how uncomfortable something gets after a few hours.

But we are looking for a 10mm barrel for it, for the extra capacity.

IIRC you need a whole upper to convert a .45 glock to a 10mm. Breech face too small?

I continue to distrust all forms of Government. I still drop money once a month stock up on ammo. Even though I am currently not shooting a 45 very often I own a few of them. I grabbed 2 cases of 45 on my last order from TSUSA. I now have just shy of 4k rounds and enough components to reload another 2k.
Can't argue with that....with everything but primers we are getting into buy cheap stack deep territory. Paid less than $10 a box for the last 9mm ammo i bought, and $16 for the .45 acp.

Guns are sitting on shelves as well.....and prices are going downward, and stock is going up on everything.

Pfft... Lightweight.

Since I'm poor AF, I don't have the stash like yours, but I have the next best thing: friends with ammo stash big enough to supply Ukraine for at least a month. There is a saying in Russian(according to my wife) that goes something like "100 friends is better than 100 rubles". When it comes to ammo, it seems to be true. Although... I could buy a lot of ammo for $100.....

Pfft... Lightweight.

No doubt when compared to some. I'm in good shape compared to start of Covid, early 2020, when my total loaded ammo, all calibers, was about 7000. I'm about 5 times that now which isn't bad considering I also shoot about 10k-12k a year. Once again a lightweight when compared to some.

View attachment 801385

Seriously, both the 9mm para and the 45ACP are over 100 years old. If one were "better" than the other in an absolute way, by now, we'd know.

If you really want to stir the pot, start a thread about whether 7 1/2 or 8 shot is better for Trap.
I heard stories from my gun club of an old timer who turned down his own custom trap gun with a 48" barrel. No that wasn't a typo, nor was it an exaggeration. His thought process was to remove as much distance as possible between himself and the target to limit the spread possibility.

I heard stories from my gun club of an old timer who turned down his own custom trap gun with a 48" barrel. No that wasn't a typo, nor was it an exaggeration. His thought process was to remove as much distance as possible between himself and the target to limit the spread possibility.
If he thought it would help, I'm sure it did - confidence in your equipment is very important. I'm certainly not one to say "closer is not better" - part of my 'setup' is to make sure my front foot is as close as legal, and that I'm as far to the left (or right) as is legit, on 1,2,4, and 5.

I have a Glock and a custom 1911 (thanks Greg) in 45 ACP. I buy 9mm only now. I have convinced myself that 9mm with the improved ammo over the past 30 years will get the job done just as well, and if I'm carrying the weight savings and extra rounds are worth it to me. YMMV
Yabut 45acp ammo has improved to the exact same degree, so there's that.

Ok. I never said 45acp is a good Cc handguns. It actually sucks for cc. The point I'm making is who cares if it sucks for a Cc gun.....Cc is not the ONLY role for a handgun. Op us literally saying he sees no new introduction of Cc guns in 45acp and thinks that means 45acp is gonna be dead. He's either trolling.....or so obtuse he thinks the only reason pistols exist is for concealed carry.
I carried a 3" 1911 for years. It concealed well and it hits what I aim at. I think that meets all of the requirements.

Back
Top Bottom