• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Officer loses rifle

you know, given that LEO's are subject to the same laws as us citizens, he'll most likely lose his LTC, then lose his job, and ultimately be unable to feed or house his family. sad, really.

you know, given that LEO's are subject to the same laws as us citizens, he'll most likely lose his LTC, then lose his job, and ultimately be unable to feed or house his family. sad, really.
You need an LTC to be a cop in New Hampshire? Wow, MA transplants have really wrecked that state apparently.

it's NH, you don't need a permit to purchase firearms here.

lulz @ losing a SBR though. i keep track of my NFA stuff because the government would positively rape me via a team of dudes in ninja suits in the middle of the night if i didn't.

You need an LTC to be a cop in New Hampshire? Wow, MA transplants have really wrecked that state apparently.

it's NH, you don't need a permit to purchase firearms here.

lulz @ losing a SBR though. i keep track of my NFA stuff because the government would positively rape me via a team of dudes in ninja suits in the middle of the night if i didn't.

ugh, my B...I read Salem and assume MA

- - - Updated - - -

though my response was more tongue in cheek, what with LEOs NOT being held to the same standard.

Stranger things have happened. A coworker of mine left his spike strips on top of his patrol truck once as he was doing his pre-shift inspection, and he forgot them there. They slid out into the road as he turned out of the parking lot, fell out of the case, deployed perfectly, and he got a textbook four-tire spike on the next vehicle out of the lot.

[rofl]

article one said:
Just before 4 p.m. Tuesday, the Salem Police officer placed a black canvas carrying bag, which had the rifle inside of it, on the trunk of his cruiser while he prepared the cruiser for duty.

article one said:
The officer did not realize the the bag and rifle were missing until after his shift at around 11:45 p.m. He then notified his supervisors and an extensive search began.

Found article said:
Upon realizing he did not have his rifle, he immediately notified his supervisors, and an extensive search began.

Let's underplay this, shall we?

the government would positively rape me via a team of dudes in ninja suits in the middle of the night if i didn't.

I'm going to write a romance novel with this as the ending. For some reason I imagine you sleeping in a banana suit.

Stranger things have happened. A coworker of mine left his spike strips on top of his patrol truck once as he was doing his pre-shift inspection, and he forgot them there. They slid out into the road as he turned out of the parking lot, fell out of the case, deployed perfectly, and he got a textbook four-tire spike on the next vehicle out of the lot.

[rofl]

I'm sure that you and your colleagues don't remind him of it that often. [wink]

- - - Updated - - -

Where do the keep the rifles in the patrol car? I would think it would be up near the driver no? One would think that he would notice that it wasn't in the car but I've left cups of coffee on the roof and drove off more times than I care to admit.

If they don't have a rack for it, then it is likely in the trunk.

I'm going to write a romance novel with this as the ending. For some reason I imagine you sleeping in a banana suit.

the orderlies actually wrap me up in a straight jacket before hitting me with a haldol injection. i had to go all sarah connor on a dude just to get to the PC at the front desk just now.

Long ago I had a station wagon with factory roof racks of sorts and put my brief case up there while putting something in the car. Yup, drove 50 miles home and the thing didn't blow off or fall off. [laugh]

Same police dept. that lost 11 M1 Garands, and a cop left his whole duty rig INCLUDING his service weapon on the back seat of his unlocked car over night. (It wasn't there in the morning). They won't release the names of the jackasses.

I'm guessing he kept it in the trunk. If he was keeping it in the bag as mentioned in the article, I'm not sure where he'd put that up front.

With a full cage, the popular spot 'round these parts is to have rifle and shotgun mount between the seats. Cruisers with half-cages usually put them behind the driver. A number of PD's used to mount them inside the trunk lid, but that's gone out of favor as putting the officer at a tactical disadvantage.

Even so, anything is better than the roof.

10906496_772878276121722_2813144923709413709_n.jpg

With a full cage, the popular spot 'round these parts is to have rifle and shotgun mount between the seats.
That's were we keep ours. I keep my rifle in the rifle mount and a thermos of coffee in the shotgun mount. The latch that goes around the barrel of the shotgun holds the thermos handle quite nicely and keeps it easily accessible for rapid deployment should the need arise.

I did it once with a pizza leaving the pizza shop. Got home and damn it! Went back and it was on Main Street flat as hell.
Did the same thing with an expensive pair of sun glasses.
Then there was the guy in Worcester a few years back that did it with his baby in the car seat. Kid slid off onto Rte. 290 near College Square. (No harm)
If you did it with your rifle and got caught you'd find yourself unsuitable more than likely...?

More coverage of story.[rofl] Yup, it's going to go on its own killing spree as soon as it figures out how to unzip itself from the case.

It's going to be a little hard to sell.

Well if whoever found it hasn't turned it in there is a decent chance it's not gonna wind up in the hands of someone who is going to put it in their safe with the rest of their collection.

Mike

Reminds me of these videos

[video=youtube_share;ARydsBqD6Ic]http://youtu.be/ARydsBqD6Ic[/video]
[video=youtube_share;fVYqMpjv1ms]http://youtu.be/fVYqMpjv1ms[/video]

Last edited:

He would have gotten bonus points if the next one out of the lot had been the shift supervisor.

Back
Top Bottom