oh man going for class a ltc in brockton soon....

You ARE going to get a restriction. They'll tell you that the Chief won't give unrestricted to a first time applicant, and that you can most likely reapply for unrestricted in 2 years.

You ARE going to get a restriction. They'll tell you that the Chief won't give unrestricted to a first time applicant, and that you can most likely reapply for unrestricted in 2 years.

Good way to bring in extra revenue. Pay twice as much to get your unrestricted license. What genius this guy is.

hey... i hav to find some type of humor out of these bogus beat around the bush laws..... i mean dont get me wrong im willing to fight for the cause ive ben asking all around for info on brockton and keep hearing the same bs and my interview is in less than a week so.... with the input i keep gettin its almost obvious with the outcome im coming soon to face and its redic. with all the murders in this little fishbowl of a city you would think he would recommend the civilians to go for there license so people can defend themselves.... and their communitys...

I myself was never told i would get a restriction or that all 1st timers get restrictions, nor was i told i could reapply in 2 years. nevertheless i did get a sporting restriction. if i could come up with 100 extra beans i would put it to a test and see if i could get the ALP.

Per MGLs, removing a restriction (on the same class LTC) does NOT require paying a new fee. PD can notify CHSB and they cut a new LTC with same info (same expiration date) but different restriction info. Some PDs do this for people. Others won't.

Like anything in MA, it is strictly optional on the PD's part. Nothing would prevent them from demanding a new crisp $100.00 bill and issuing a brand new LTC either.

Per MGLs, removing a restriction (on the same class LTC) does NOT require paying a new fee. PD can notify CHSB and they cut a new LTC with same info (same expiration date) but different restriction info. Some PDs do this for people. Others won't.

Like anything in MA, it is strictly optional on the PD's part. Nothing would prevent them from demanding a new crisp $100.00 bill and issuing a brand new LTC either.

thanks Len, though I'd like to have that hundred ready when i walk in. knowing this city they will charge it.

I had my LTC all lawful purpose from West Bridgewater. I moved to Brockton. I renewed my license and got HUNTING AND TARGET. MY second renewal in Brockton was issued for protection.

Point is, first time in Brockton = RESTRICTED.

Last edited:
My brother and father (both in Brockton) just were issued their LTC with sporting restrictions last month.

On a side note, when my brother went in for his interview he ran into a police officer he graduated high school with and they began chatting about why he was in the police station. When my brother told the police officer he was there for his LTC he literally said "Not a bad idea in this ****ing town!" With all the violence going on in Brockton it is amazing that the COP won't issue LTC ALP to all law abiding citizens.

Why can't Brockton use "NO" or "NONE" for restrictions, or list it as "ALP" whatever the case my be? Do they really NEED to be different?

It's that way because whoever sets the policy is obviously anti gun. Restrictions are rarely "unintentional".

-Mike

It's that way because whoever sets the policy is obviously anti gun. Restrictions are rarely "unintentional".

-Mike

mike, i was referring to the "protection" listed on the LTC. I honestly don't know if that is supposed to be a restriction or if it is their way of saying ALP. I'm going to have to go back and reapply and see whats up i guess, now that i know that reapplying early is an option.

but your right it is most likely done on purpose. i can see it now, your carrying, get stopped, and they bag you saying we meant home protection.

mike, i was referring to the "protection" listed on the LTC. I honestly don't know if that is supposed to be a restriction or if it is their way of saying ALP. I'm going to have to go back and reapply and see whats up i guess, now that i know that reapplying early is an option.

but your right it is most likely done on purpose. i can see it now, your carrying, get stopped, and they bag you saying we meant home protection.

A lot of the "ass" towns do it this way. Their version of an unrestricted is a "Protection" license. I think Springfield does the same thing. The intention with the crap licenses they have is to "ban" carry, so "Protection" grants it. That's my WAG on the logic in play.

-Mike

Brockton won't make you pay to lift the restrictions after a year or two. They are ok with you submitting a letter at that time and the chief will review your paperwork. Typically they will remove the restrictions. The licensing officer is very nice, but she doesn't make the policy of course...

Brockton won't make you pay to lift the restrictions after a year or two. They are ok with you submitting a letter at that time and the chief will review your paperwork. Typically they will remove the restrictions. The licensing officer is very nice, but she doesn't make the policy of course...

i have to agree with that, lori is very nice. a letter you say? i suck at writing letters. [sad2]

i have to agree with that, lori is very nice. a letter you say? i suck at writing letters. [sad2]

Yea. I haven't' actually written mine yet. I called her the other week to ask about lifting the restrictions early and that's what she said. I honestly just haven't got around to it. I've had mine for just about 2 years now with a T+H restriction.

Just wrote a mock up letter, what do you think?

Chief William K. Conlon,

My Name is XXXXX. My LTC Number is XXXXXXX Date of issue XXXXXXX Restrictions: Sporting.

I am writing to you in regards to getting my license changed to All Lawful Purposes. Since I first received my license I have started Hunting, Shooting Trap and Target shooting. I have also joined the Standish Sportsman’s Association of East Bridgewater, The NRA and GOAL.

I have also seen Crime, Drugs and Shootings in Brockton increase. My wife and I are not as young as we used to be and we are becoming afraid to walk the streets of Brockton, a place we have called home for most of our lives - over 40 years. I would like the right to protect myself in any possible life threatening situation that may arise.

As a result of all the things I have listed above I would like to request my license be changed to All Lawful Purposes.

Thank You

Respectfully

XXXXXXX

Just wrote a mock up letter, what do you think?

Chief William K. Conlon,

My Name is XXXXX. My LTC Number is XXXXXXX Date of issue XXXXXXX Restrictions: Sporting.

I am writing to you in regards to getting my license changed to All Lawful Purposes. Since I first received my license I have started Hunting, Shooting Trap and Target shooting. I have also joined the Standish Sportsman’s Association of East Bridgewater, The NRA and GOAL.

{ADD}My wife and I have been residents of Brocton for over 40 years. In that time we have seen Crime, Drugs and Shootings in Brockton increase. [STRIKE]My wife and I are not as young as we used to be and we are becoming afraid to walk the streets of Brockton, a place we have called home for most of our lives - over 40 years.[/STRIKE] I would like the right to protect myself in any possible life threatening situation that may arise.

As a result of all the things I have listed above I would like to request my license be changed to All Lawful Purposes.

Thank You

Respectfully

XXXXXXX

Suggested change. I don't think you need to remind the Chief that you'll be carrying. He might be the nervous type.[wink]

Maybe he lives there? Brockton is a notoriously bad issuing authority, has been for years.

Yes, I do live here. And I just got my LTC in October. As the others have said, Officer Maver was a pleasure to deal with. Things went very smoothly, too. It only took 3 weeks. I don't know if it made a difference, but my prints were already on file because of the FID I had years before. Never talked to the Chief, just Officer Maver....took all of 15-20 minutes.

wow so you got a ltc no restriction jus from upgrading from your fid?

I could be wrong but i believe he has restrictions. i believe he is saying his prints are on file from an old fid, he just received his LTC (with restriction) in Oct. and at the time he was told all 1st timers get restricted but can reapply for no restrictions after a couple of years.

again i could be wrong but thats how i took it.

Back
Top Bottom