• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Oh, what to buy next...

I want to buy another couple milsurps.

Right now I'm looking at the following.

Savage No4 MkI
K31
K98
CZ52
Nagant revolver
No4 MkII (can't find a source for them though)
IBM M1 carbine (waiting for CMP to release theirs so not really something I'm worrying about right this moment)

I'll probably pick up two of the above at this time... Any suggestions? The K31 intrigues me even though its ugly, because the Swiss are known for making precision rifles.

I've always wanted to get a No4 Enfield (still kicking myself for not picking one up when they were $65 and my dad was an 01 FFL). Then again, I'm kicking myself for not grabbing a Swedish mauser either.

The K98 russian captures that are coming in now look very nice and I don't own a mauser. Would love to pick up one of the ones with all the intact markings etc, I'm sure they will appreciate in value even with the import tags...

The Nagant and CZ52 because they are cheap and they are evil handguns which kill people by themselves.[rolleyes]

I've got the CZ52 and the Nagant. The CZ52's are fun to shoot and you can get ammo. Ammo for the Nagant is hard to find and cost a lot.

I want to buy another couple milsurps.

Right now I'm looking at the following.

Savage No4 MkI
K31
K98
CZ52
Nagant revolver
No4 MkII (can't find a source for them though)
IBM M1 carbine (waiting for CMP to release theirs so not really something I'm worrying about right this moment)

I'll probably pick up two of the above at this time... Any suggestions?

Get now what you won't be able to get later. Eventually you'll probably get all the guns you mentioned but I'd go after whats drying up first. Nothing worse than saying you wish you'd have gotten something when they were readily available.
IMO order of rarity and what to get first... K31 (try for a walnut stock), Savage Enfield (these are getting to the bottom of the barrel when it comes to condition), RC K98, CZ52, Nagant Pistol. The M1 Carbines you'll always see at shows for the price they've been getting and plus like you mentioned CMP will have them. The No4 Mk2 Enfield's pop up from time to time at shops, shows, and on auction sites. I got mine for $250 from Strickland's shop and its mint.

What Milsurps said....

Definitely get the K31. But, if you don't have a milsurp semi yet (and while you're waiting for the M1 Carbine), grab an SKS. Still cheap, easy to feed, and lots of fun.

Of course, SOME people don't want me to mention the SKS because they're trying to keep them all for themselves....

SKS isn't an option in Boston.

I actually stopped by KTP today, saw a nice refinished No. 4 Mk1/2 for $175, and picked it up. Not sure if it was last refinished at the arsenal or since then but it looks nice.

Counselor, I refer you to the text of the Boston ban which may be found here:

http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=7865&page=3&highlight=boston+ban

SKS is a specifically listed model.

Never mind that the next paragraph exempts rifles with fixed magazines ten rounds or less capacity.
Never mind that the ban is probably not enforceable in court, violating it would most certainly lead to a revoked LTC and confiscation in this city.

The Boston ban is much more restrictive than the Mass ban.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom