Ok to use a brand new AR15 lower for a SBR?

Pre ‘94 shouldn’t have any issues at all.
Not sure, but if true, you would still need to prove it was a pre-94 lower. I doubt the BATFE will do a trace to the manufacturer to prove this for you.
Why would his info be wrong? U yourself said everyone has had a different experience.
No, I did not say everyone had a different experience. That was someone else.

My form 1 was approved Jan 2, 2018

I was initially denied having applied on a lower I could not get proof of prior ownership for. When they denied me, they returned the entire application packet. I re-filled out the form 1 with the serial number from one I could prove the purchase date of and it was approved a couple weeks later (my spot in the queue was preserved).

There is no risk to applying. My understanding is that if you are denied and do not correct/resubmit the application, you get your $200 back.

Not sure, but if true, you would still need to prove it was a pre-94 lower. I doubt the BATFE will do a trace to the manufacturer to prove this for you.

No, I did not say everyone had a different experience. That was someone else.

My form 1 was approved Jan 2, 2018

I was initially denied having applied on a lower I could not get proof of prior ownership for. When they denied me, they returned the entire application packet. I re-filled out the form 1 with the serial number from one I could prove the purchase date of and it was approved a couple weeks later (my spot in the queue was preserved).

There is no risk to applying. My understanding is that if you are denied and do not correct/resubmit the application, you get your $200 back.
Thank you for info! I definitely have a pre 94 lower. It’s a Colt HBar and I have verified the serial number with colt. I also had to machine that stupid sear block down. I will submit and let u gentleman know the outcome...next year of course, haha! Fire up the snow blowers!!!!!

Obviously, you and Rob both can be correct depending on the timing of your experiences and the examiner reviewing the application. I've been asked for proof of ownership and also was not asked in another instance. YMMV.
I wonder if they have any examiners named Schrodinger.

So let me get this straight. I can buy a stripped AR lower in MA, get the form 1, then after its approved I can SBR it and it’s good to go? I’m trying to find the best entry into AR ownership in MA and I’ve always wanted an SBR.

So let me get this straight. I can buy a stripped AR lower in MA, get the form 1, then after its approved I can SBR it and it’s good to go? I’m trying to find the best entry into AR ownership in MA and I’ve always wanted an SBR.

In 22lr..yes

I know it hurts, but spend the money and get a pre-94 Lower for your SBR. That’s what I’m in the process of doing right now.

I know it hurts, but spend the money and get a pre-94 Lower for your SBR. That’s what I’m in the process of doing right now.
Out of curiosity, why pre-94 over pre-7/20/16? Wouldnt a pre-Healy lower be just as viable? Living in this state is such a chore sometimes [thinking]

Out of curiosity, why pre-94 over pre-7/20/16? Wouldnt a pre-Healy lower be just as viable? Living in this state is such a chore sometimes [thinking]
I think so but I wanted to go pre94 so I don’t even have to worry about the mass MA AWB. I can have whatever I want on it. If you go pre-Healeys date you still have to follow the masses not what is Ban if you go pre-Healeys date you still have to follow the MA AWB

I think so but I wanted to go pre94 so I don’t even have to worry about the mass MA AWB. I can have whatever I want on it. If you go pre-Healeys date you still have to follow the masses not what is Ban if you go pre-Healeys date you still have to follow the MA AWB
Sorry for the double sentence. Lol

There was a very short "retardation window" where the ATF bounced form1s on post healey ARs but someone put a stop to that garbage real fast. That situation was reminiscent of the EOPS "trusts in MA are illegal" meddling garbage which got repaired by Joe Hickson.

It's been registered and fa10d for more than a year.
Great, thanks. I hate bringing threads back from the dead but I was curious. I'll be putting another form 1 in now.
There was a very short "retardation window" where the ATF bounced form1s on post healey ARs but someone put a stop to that garbage real fast. That situation was reminiscent of the EOPS "trusts in MA are illegal" meddling garbage which got repaired by Joe Hickson.
Good to know thanks.

I believe my count is 5 post Healey ar15s all 5 are sbrs and all 5 efa10'd.

No issues. Atf doesn't give a shit about Healey

When they get your form 1 they verify the form is filled out ( mostly correct) , your prints are legible, they verify a sbr is legal in your state, they verify you have a valid LTC and they do a dedicated FBI background check. Once complete you are approve. Typical turn around time for all of he above is 25-35 days.

I say form1 being filled out mostly correct because I had one approved 2 months ago with a blatant error about being an illegal alien on it yet it was still approved

Back
Top Bottom