• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Old Bridge NJ USPSA

Last weekend I made the trip over to Old Bridge NJ for a USPSA match. It was my first time shooting there and I was impressed. The stage designs were excellent, it was like a little area match. A good combo of hard and easy shots. Some swinger, disappearing targets and texas star. The stages were well thought out, testing different skills, forcing speed and temping you to shooter faster than you can

There were a good amount of shooters and with some re-shoot issues, the match ran long, real long, about 5pm. But it was definitely worth the trip even if you are coming from MA

Here is a quick video of some of the stage

Last edited by a moderator:
Apparently it wasn't as I racked up 150 penalty points, mostly on FTEs. I was shooting well at the targets I actually shot at, but forgot to shoot a bunch of them. Bad mental day. But fun day of shooting anyways

Apparently it wasn't as I racked up 150 penalty points, mostly on FTEs. I was shooting well at the targets I actually shot at, but forgot to shoot a bunch of them. Bad mental day. But fun day of shooting anyways
Where were they hiding them?????

Where were they hiding them?????

Right in front of me.. those sneaky bastards.

On the second stage in the video, I missed the partial target after my first reload, I was thinking about the far steel, then I missed one behind a barrel all the way at the end.
On the 4th stage in the video, at the end, right after my reload, I missed one behind the wall, you had to move all the way to the left to see it.

Last edited:
Nice vid Mike. Looks like they were really fun stages! I almost came down with JT for this one but it was a bit too soon after the arrival of mini-me a couple weeks ago. Ended up at New Bedford. Did you receive D's evil chuckle at the end of the stages on which when you had the FTE's?

Last edited:
Nice vid Mike. Looks like they were really fun stages! I almost came down with JT for this one but it was a bit too soon after the arrival of mini-me a couple weeks ago. Ended up at New Bedford. Did you receive Denton's evil chuckle at the end of the stages on which when you had the FTE's?

Congrats on the little one, that's awesome.

No evil chuckle from Denton. Him, JT and I were having a race to the bottom. It was epic, in a pitiful way

Congrats on the little one, that's awesome.

No evil chuckle from D. Him, JT and I were having a race to the bottom. It was epic, in a pitiful way

Thanks man! It is crazy!! I'll e-mail you pics soon.

Race to the bottom hugh? What's that? The bottom of first place in L10 and third & sixth places in Production... [cheers]

Looks like a decent match to me... [shocked] I know, I know, our own mistakes are what eats us up inside ~ even when we have a good placement in the results. Look at my scores from this past weekend. I racked up 40 penalty points in misses, not to mention the points I did not earn for all but one that I made up.

I have an old video D shot of me somewhere. I had an FTE and he let out the most evil chuckle after the COF ended and I realized it. I'll see if I can dig it up. Pretty funny.

In the video you looked great ,penalty points or not, still impressive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

clearly, too much BACON! and lack of setting up the stages yourself.............

In the video you looked great ,penalty points or not, still impressive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
this is a shooting sport, not Modeling! you are actually supposed to hit what is there to hit!
no wonder the MA gun laws are so strict?

clearly, too much BACON! and lack of setting up the stages yourself.............

If the lack of setting up stages helped your score, then why aren't you doing better?

And speaking of more Bacon.. we added a few more team members. People love the Bacon

What's with all the reloads? Oh, I forgot, you've been neutered! Don't you have to relinquish your slot on Team Bacon when you give up shooting open?

That is a nice club and the stages look great. I shot the steel match there earlier this month. Lot's of fun.

Old Bridge is a great club. I was just down there three weeks ago shooting the NJ IDPA championships. The week before they hosted the NorthEast Steel Challenge championship match too. Can't wait to go back down there next year.

Looked good on video... but we can't see the hits. Nice win. I was disappointed that you didn't win the Bacon Explosion stage! No Bacon jersey anymore?

Looked good on video... but we can't see the hits. Nice win. I was disappointed that you didn't win the Bacon Explosion stage! No Bacon jersey anymore?

The bacon explosion stage had 4 shots on each of the 2 front targets, I forgot to engage one 4x. It also had a disappearing target, which I tried to get after picking up a target before it. Didn't make it, but they nailed me for 2 penalty mikes on it. It was a good stage, I would definitely like to shoot it again.

The TB jersey was in the wash, so I grabbed the STI shirt. I have now declared the STI bad luck and will be ordering a new TB shirt... with a new design

Back
Top Bottom