One week eight murdered in New Orleans

Garys

NES Member
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070106/ap_on_re_us/new_orleans_killings

NEW ORLEANS - With at least eight slayings in the city in the first week of the new year, officials are considering a curfew to help stem the violence, the police superintendent said Saturday.
ADVERTISEMENT

"It's something we're just sort of talking about, to see if that will make a difference," police Superintendent Warren Riley said.

I see things are getting back to normal down there.

Gary

"It's something we're just sort of talking about, to see if that will make a difference," police Superintendent Warren Riley said.

[rolleyes]

I'm sure if you force everybody indoors the streets will be safe... Screw that freedom crap, it's for the birds.

[rolleyes]

I'm sure if you force everybody indoors the streets will be safe...

Yeah, nobody will be killed in the streets if they're in their homes; they'll be killed in their homes. ==> Success!!! A 100% reduction in street violence. [rolleyes]

Reminds me a lot of one of my favorite exchanges from All in the Family. Gloria: Do you know that sixty percent of all deaths in America are caused by guns?
Archie: Would it make you feel any better, little girl, if they was pushed out of windows?

Ken

Yeah, nobody will be killed in the streets if they're in their homes; they'll be killed in their homes. ==> Success!!! A 100% reduction in street violence. [rolleyes]

Reminds me a lot of one of my favorite exchanges from All in the Family. Gloria: Do you know that sixty percent of all deaths in America are caused by guns?
Archie: Would it make you feel any better, little girl, if they was pushed out of windows?

Ken
Hey, that's my line! [smile]

That's not anything new. I left NOLA in 94. It was April, and if I can remember correctly, there were already like 300 some odd murders by that point.

It's not new for that city. We were the murder capitol of the US for many many years. From what I can remember as a kid, we've always had a curfew. Maybe it was only for kids under 18, but we've always had one. And I lived in a really nice neighborhood on the Lake in Kenner...outside the city.

Back
Top Bottom