World's number one golfer arrested

Because this is one of the four most important tournaments in the world. Cities all over the country compete to host it. Because it's the number one golfer in the world. That may not mean anything to you, but it does to tens of million people, the PGA (the only major they run), the networks that paid millions to televise it, and the millions of dollars bet on it. Also, you are assuming he is guilty, which he may not be. I don't care if golf is unimportant to many--there are lots of things (like soccer) that I don't much care about, but I still recognize that were Cristiano Ronaldo to be arrested on his way to a World Cup game, it would be huge news.
Great let it be huge news. Let it play out.
LEO should not discriminate based on popularity , fame or money.
Let the LEO do what ever he thinks he needs to do
Just as it would play out for the rest of us.

Number one golfer in one of the biggest tourney of his career and his personal assistant or driver did not know better of traffic conditions and make plans for alternate route. I say TFB

As a golfer for the PGA there are many countries where he won't be allowed with a felony.
TFB if he is guilty.
Im enjoy when the “ do you know who I am “ does not apply, well at least instantly.
The kind of money behind all this im sure it was a big mis understanding.

Great let it be huge news. Let it play out.
LEO should not discriminate based on popularity , fame or money.
Let the LEO do what ever he thinks he needs to do
Just as it would play out for the rest of us.

Number one golfer in one of the biggest tourney of his career and his personal assistant or driver did not know better of traffic conditions and make plans for alternate route. I say TFB
In response to your first point, I agree. I never suggested he should be treated differently that anyone else, other than the cops should have been made aware in pre-event planning about the markings on the cars identifying competitors. Part of their role in normal circumstances is to ensure that these cars are granted access to the entrance to the course.
In response to your second point, he was driving himself at 5:30 in a foggy, rainy morning full of police sirens and flashing lights following the route he had taken for several days earlier in practice rounds. The cops are always there at tournaments with lights flashing trying to direct traffic for tens of thousands of people coming to watch the tourney. (Golf courses aren't like football stadiums with planned parking). Sheffler had no idea that a man had just been killed nor did the cop have seem to have any idea that he was a competitor. Beyond that, I have no knowledge of what exactly took place.
1716127669496.png

Don't they just have some sort of pass or credentials to avoid all this? Is that so difficult?

Don't they just have some sort of pass or credentials to avoid all this? Is that so difficult?
Of course they do. He was driving a marked PGA courtesy car, which any golf fan knows means a car lent to the pros by local dealers. Anyone including players who has a clubhouse pass has it on a lanyard around their neck, and players have a competitor medallion that they clip on their cap, or more frequently, their belt. I don't see how either of the other two would have helped in the circumstance, but the car surely would have been recognized.
Because the players are out in the open all of the time and on TV without helmets, all of the top players are easily recognized by most.
Interestingly, earlier this year when a Canadian finally won the Canadian Open, his friend and fellow Canadian, Adam Hadwin, ran onto the green to celebrate with him and was tackled by a security guard who didn't recognize him, which everyone, including Hadwin, agreed was appropriate (it was an excellent form tackle).
Canadian Open: Golfer Adam Hadwin mistakenly tackled by security

This prosecutor is either an absolute moron or complete scumbag, if not both.

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WJ8nf1-4oNg

I’m leaning towards moron. He’s bumbling and going on tangents.

But maybe he’s got an axe to grind too. Because you do have to be a special kind of dense to keep bringing up the “appropriateness” of a dependent being present at an arraignment when the judge keeps on telling you he’s going to be there and that this motion is only to move the date a couple weeks. Further, he kept refusing to answer her simple question.

If I were that judge I’d just dismiss the case right then and there if I had the power, just to spite that prosecutor. Or hold him in contempt and jail him for being combative in his refusal to answer her question. But clearly I don’t know anything about being a judge.

Videos are out, cop looks like a lying SOB to me.

(top left corner, :25sec mark)

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnWeQfNMLmM

View: https://streamable.com/4o3fyi

Lying SOB indeed. Maybe the officer felt assaulted when he decided on his own to slap the car that was slowly proceeding to the golf course.

That whole scene was a completely cluster f*** in that video. I wouldn’t blame anyone for not precisely navigating it as the officers intended.

Once again we have a power tripping officer. I can’t believe they’re going through with this.

Sounds like I nailed it.

You did. God save us from stupid and arrogant cops.

"Scottie Scheffler charges are NOT being dropped, Louisville cops reveal in shock announcement as they release new video: World no. 1 faces 10 years in jail over 'hitting cop' at PGA Championship"

You did. God save us from stupid and arrogant cops.

"Scottie Scheffler charges are NOT being dropped, Louisville cops reveal in shock announcement as they release new video: World no. 1 faces 10 years in jail over 'hitting cop' at PGA Championship"

“During the press conference, police chief Jacquelyn Gwinn-Villaroel revealed that Detective Bryan Gillis did not turn on his body-worn camera - a violation of police policy.”

That should be immediate grounds for disqualifying any of the officer’s claims.

“During the press conference, police chief Jacquelyn Gwinn-Villaroel revealed that Detective Bryan Gillis did not turn on his body-worn camera - a violation of police policy.”

That should be immediate grounds for disqualifying any of the officer’s claims.

I didn't see a cop being dragged. I saw a cop run 30 feet because Scheffler didn't bow to his authoritah.

I don't think Scheffler realized anything out of the ordinary was going on.

I didn't see a cop being dragged. I saw a cop run 30 feet because Scheffler didn't bow to his authoritah.

I don't think Scheffler realized anything out of the ordinary was going on.

Cops are not ordinary people. They power tripping authoritarians who will lie to ruin anyones life they feel like.

Cops are not ordinary people. They power tripping authoritarians who will lie to ruin anyones life they feel like.

I do believe cops in New England are a cut above the rest of the country.

I see two major problems, cops are selected for average IQ and their training is a 26 week military-ish boot camp. Some physical training is appropriate but close order drill? What a waste of time.

I think 12 months' training would be better if not two years. There should be extensive classroom time on the Constitution and the law. Instead we get barely trained know-nothings who think their word is law. Whether a cop is good or bad is entirely down to the person's character.

Back
Top Bottom