Open Carry - Unloaded?

Hi,
I was in a Maine gun shop the other day. I saw some guy open carrying a large auto (not a cop.) When he turned away from me, I happened to notice that there was no magazine in the gun! Is there something saying that if you open carry in Maine, it has to be unloaded? Can certain towns regulate that? Or, do you think it was more "store policy"

thanks

He may have been in there for a trade or to have work done on it? Dont want to be handling it when loaded and most shops dont want you to even unholster it unless it is already unloaded. ?

nah, it was in in a holster and he had no intention of taking out, from what I could tell...he was just browsing...

Well that seams silly. Heading to Maine for the week this Sun and plan on OC while hiking, dont think it would work very well if I needed it and it wasn't loaded?

nah, it was in in a holster and he had no intention of taking out, from what I could tell...he was just browsing...

When you see someone doing something clearly stupid, like openly carrying an unloaded handgun in a free state, assume they are stupid and wrong instead of assuming that they are following some law.

An unlicensed person cannot have a loaded firearm in a motor vehicle.

I'm guessing that the person drove there, and I'm also guessing that the person does not have a permit or license that permits him to carry a concealed firearm in Maine.

Back
Top Bottom