optics mounting on an AR

does anyone know if its possible to mount an eotech sight on a fixed carry handle AR? ive seen trigicons mounted on the carry handle before but never an eotech...i didnt know if it was becuase it wasnt sturdy or just not practical...thank ya for any help

You wouldn't want to mount it on top of the handle. That would start getting ridiculous. What you would want to do in that case would be to mount it forward of the handle in a "scout" position. There are rails you can put on top of the stock handguards, or rails you can replace the handguards with, or even some rails that will attach to the carry handle and come down in front of it. Then you might want some risers to lift the eotech a little higher so you can see the whole picture without the sights getting in the way.

crakowski said:
You wouldn't want to mount it on top of the handle. That would start getting ridiculous. What you would want to do in that case would be to mount it forward of the handle in a "scout" position. There are rails you can put on top of the stock handguards, or rails you can replace the handguards with, or even some rails that will attach to the carry handle and come down in front of it. Then you might want some risers to lift the eotech a little higher so you can see the whole picture without the sights getting in the way.

either way.

Froogle

Mounting on the carry handle forces you to raise your head to view through it. I found that very uncomfortable. It also puts your optic so far above the barrel that close shots will be high.

Lowering on a stepped mount seemed to work better for me until I went ot a flat top.

If you want to try a stepped mount, I still have one you can try before you buy. If you like it, I will let it go cheap. I don't need it anymore.

Regards,

[email protected]

Back
Top Bottom