Owner latest arrested after pizzeria brawl, discharges firearm

MANCHESTER – A pizzeria owner was arrested Saturday for allegedly firing his gun in a parking lot after a fight among rival motorcycle gangs that started inside his restaurant spilled outside.

"If you have 25 people storming the place, what would you do?" said Petros Kostakis, co-owner of Luigi's Pizza Bar & Grille on Valley Street. "Fear for my employees and me -- that's what I did."

Police Saturday charged Kostakis, 52, of 626 Cohas Ave., Manchester, with reckless conduct. He was released on $10,000 personal recognizance bail and faces arraignment May 14 in Manchester District Court.

READ MORE

You would think that of all places, in NH one could react with the use if a gun when in fear of ones safety and teh safeety of your employees. This appears to be over zealous police authority. I hope Mr. Kostakis has his day in court and has a great lawyer and make the police look like the fools that obviously are.

You would think that of all places, in NH one could react with the use if a gun when in fear of ones safety and teh safeety of your employees. This appears to be over zealous police authority. I hope Mr. Kostakis has his day in court and has a great lawyer and make the police look like the fools that obviously are.

I'm not so sure. His reason for shooting:
"Trying to scare the bad guys here and maybe get the police to get here faster."

It doesn't appear that he made the best decision; granted, he was put in an extremely difficult situation.

Last edited by a moderator:
Shooting one or two would have scared them more I'll bet.

Note: MrTwigg does not advocate shooting anyone unless they really deserve it.

Back
Top Bottom