Patrick's Unlikely Gun-Toting Friends

This was the headline in today's Metro (free paper handed out to T commuters). Looks like they latched onto the Youtube video posted last week featuring the two shooters. I've attached the article below. The email address for the Boston editor (Tony Metcalf) is [email protected]. The managing editor is Ron Varrial and he can be reached at [email protected]. Never once was H2259 or Goal mentioned.
--
metro19July2010-2.jpg

Last edited:
Jim Mathes is a 58 year old deer hunter who owns 3 guns and proudly displays his mounted trophy heads..."a year from now I could have 12 new guns fully legally...it's not an onerous restriction on me..."

It's not a big deal for the 3 gun owning Fudd, so screw everyone else's rights. What a toolbag.

Pretty much. I think this is the type of dirty underhanded techniques we can expect in the future. I can't wait until that guy loses his barrett 50 cal when they decide that 50 cal rounds are too dangerous. Or when he trys to go get a part for it, buys the part then buys a gun and ends up in jail without bail while his life is destroyed because he failed to read the bill he so ardently supported.

Pretty much. I think this is the type of dirty underhanded techniques we can expect in the future. I can't wait until that guy loses his barrett 50 cal when they decide that 50 cal rounds are too dangerous. Or when he trys to go get a part for it, buys the part then buys a gun and ends up in jail without bail while his life is destroyed because he failed to read the bill he so ardently supported.
I could be wrong, but I didn't think that the guy with the .50 was Mathes.

Shit like this is why I can't stand ignorant, dim witted, selfishly destructive, self serving, myopic, stupid beyond description, FUDDS. They are NOT part of, but are the constant subversive "fifth column" of the American gun culture.

His quote: "A year from now I could have 12 new guns fully legally"..............or you schmuck.......you could have no guns if the push continues to take them away or make it more and more difficult to obtain them. What an ignorant fool!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got a BIL like that. As long as he gets to go deer hunting, who cares? Only a nut would have an EBR. Schmucks, all of them.

I quit a gun club after a lot of years because 90% of the members thought just like this.
[thinking] [rolleyes]

How about they pass a law that restricts the Metro from printing their trash to once a year. Doesn't effect me, why should I care? [rolleyes]

You guys summed it up. These jackasses should be exposed and made fun of.. early and often.

It reminds me of a spammer that found the one lonely nutcase that likes spam email when laws against spammers were being crafted. The spammers used it as an excuse to send spam saying "see!? some folks WANT this.."

Fudds like this need to be wang-slapped.. they are the cancer to our rights that will kill us all.

Last edited:
I read this article this morning on the T to work - what a crock of $hit i thought - tell the sheeple gun enthusiasts are OK with this and all will be well. Its only the fringe that is concerned. unreal.

I read this article this morning on the T to work - what a crock of $hit i thought - tell the sheeple gun enthusiasts are OK with this and all will be well. Its only the fringe that is concerned. unreal.

Welcome to politics. Where the majority is the fringe with a press release and a news spot. Wait until that video shows up on the evening news.

so the ahole is ok with having 12 "legally purchased" guns in 12 months...with no mags? how long are you willing to wait for those? I bet they make nice "legal" decorations until then.

Well, I went and sent the METRO an email: Here is the current thread. I used some comments from several you, so my apologies in advance if it's not how you would have done it. The emails are in reverse order, so read the bottom one first. Sorry

Sir,

By the stretch that you covered this Youtube video as if it were actual news, and limited said article to one side without verifying any information or seeking any counter-argument.

And yes, I do have issues with this group.

So, if all you're doing is reporting their "opinions", an odd phrase, then how about reporting the other side's opinions as well? The Gun Owners Action Leagure of Mass would be a great start. There is also a H2259 bill in process that would be a better option, but where is the menion of that?

Thank you for your response.

RJ
----- Original Message -----
To: [email protected], "Ron Varrial" <[email protected]>
Sent: Monday, July 19, 2010 10:26:56 AM
Subject: Re: Today's gun article

Dear Sir

By what stretch of the imagination can you claim that Metro has supported this gun lobby group?

Are you suggesting that by simply reporting their opinions, Metro is ‘supporting’ them?

You evidently have criticisms of the group.

Fair enough.

But please direct those criticisms at the group rather than at Metro.

Tony Metcalf, Editor in Chief
METRO US
44 Wall Street, 8th Floor, New York, NY 10005
www.metro.us <http://www.metro.us/>

On 7/19/10 10:17 AM, "[email protected]" <[email protected]> wrote:
Gentlemen,

I ride the T frequenly and read your paper on those days. Today, I am appalled at the article written covering the recent attempt by the anti-gun rights crowd to persuade people that the current bill is good. Seriously, these folk, if they are gun owners, do not speak for anyone but themselves and not for the majority of gun owners that understand what the bill will actually do to punish law abiding people and do nothing - whatsoever - to keep guns from the hands of criminals.

The video is baseless numbers, not supported by any crime reports, no facts, just hyperbole and bad inforamtion; done by people that don't appear to be actual gun owners. Its easy to say you are, but the proof is in the pudding. The female fires her gun without eye or ear protection. A basic no-no for any real gun owner. This is the type of dirty underhanded techniques we as gun-owners can expect in the future. What happens to the guy with the Barrett 50 cal when they decide that 50 cal rounds are too dangerous. Or when he trys to go get a part for it, buys the part then buys a gun and ends up in jail without bail while his life is destroyed because he failed to read the bill he so ardently supported.

I am a retired police officer and have been a gun owner for 36 years. If this is the type of tripe you guys are going to support, then I am truly sorry for that as you have lost a reader.

Robert Jackson
Watertown, MA

It's free propaganda for Citizens For Safety. Liberal hack papers do this all the time. I took offense in the early 90s to a front page Boston Globe article about ATF traced guns titled "A Grim Reminder". I called an ATF agent who was able to cast doubt on some claims in the article. I called the Globe and asked where they got the information. They said they got a fax from Handgun Control, and printed it. On Page 1. Without attribution. Later, they did publish my Letter To The Editor in reply.

I don't think GOAL could shoot a fax to the Globe and have it printed as a news story.

Fight back against Patrick's anti-gun tactics and FAKE FACTS.
Don't just bitch about it.
DO SOMETHING.

If you are sick of seeing this, sorry. Until this is over I'm not going to stop.​

CALL EVERYONE ON THE HOUSE WAYS AND MEANS COMMITTEE RIGHT NOW!

Polling (voting) is taking place so you need to act NOW.

Go take a few minute bathroom break and make some calls.
After all, if you are at work and you're reading this, you can't be THAT busy.

Emails can be ignored. Speaking to an aid takes up more of their time.

If you don't get someone right away, leave a message AND CALL AGAIN LATER!

2010 MA House Ways and Means Committee:

STATE REPRESENTATIVE
CHARLES A. MURPHY Telephone: 617-722-2990
E-Mail: [email protected]

STATE REPRESENTATIVE
BARBARA A. L'ITALIEN Telephone: 617-722-2380
Email: Rep.BarbaraL'[email protected]

STATE REPRESENTATIVE
STEPHEN KULIK Telephone: 617-722-2380
Opposed

STATE REPRESENTATIVE
ANGELO M. SCACCIA Telephone: 617-722-2060
E-Mail Address: [email protected]

STATE REPRESENTATIVE
GLORIA L. FOX Telephone: (617) 722-2810

STATE REPRESENTATIVE
ROBERT M. KOCZERA Telephone: 617-722-2582

STATE REPRESENTATIVE
CHRISTINE E. CANAVAN Telephone: 617-722-2575
Opposed

STATE REPRESENTATIVE
JAMES H. FAGAN Telephone: 617-722-2430
Opposed

STATE REPRESENTATIVE
JOHN F. QUINN Telephone: 617-722-2020

STATE REPRESENTATIVE
COLLEEN M. GARRY Telephone: 617-722-2380
Opposed

STATE REPRESENTATIVE
GERALDINE CREEDON Telephone: 617-722-2305

STATE REPRESENTATIVE
MICHAEL J. RODRIGUES Telephone: (617) 722-2230

STATE REPRESENTATIVE
RUTH B. BALSER Telephone: 617-722-2460

STATE REPRESENTATIVE
WALTER F. TIMILTY Telephone: 617-722-2810

STATE REPRESENTATIVE
MICHAEL F. KANE Telephone: 617-722-2263

STATE REPRESENTATIVE
CHRISTOPHER J. DONELAN Telephone: 617-722-2230
Email: [email protected]

STATE REPRESENTATIVE
MICHAEL F. RUSH Telephone: 617-722-2637
Email:[email protected]

STATE REPRESENTATIVE
JOSEPH R. DRISCOLL Telephone: 617-722-2396
E-Mail Address: [email protected]

STATE REPRESENTATIVE
DENIS E. GUYER Telephone: 617-722-2210

STATE REPRESENTATIVE
CARL M. SCIORTINO, JR. Telephone: 617-722-2400

STATE REPRESENTATIVE
TOM SANNICANDRO Telephone: 617-722-2011

STATE REPRESENTATIVE
JAMES T. WELCH Telephone: 617-722-2396

STATE REPRESENTATIVE
CHRISTOPHER N. SPERANZO Telephone: 617-722-2396

STATE REPRESENTATIVE
ROBERT L. RICE, JR. Telephone: 617-722-2014

Opposed

STATE REPRESENTATIVE
THOMAS P. CONROY Telephone: 617-722-2460

STATE REPRESENTATIVE
VIRIATO MANUEL deMACEDO Telephone: 617-722-2100

STATE REPRESENTATIVE
ROBERT S. HARGRAVES Telephone: (617) 722-2305

STATE REPRESENTATIVE
JEFFREY D. PERRY Telephone: 617-722-2396
Opposed

STATE REPRESENTATIVE
KARYN E. POLITO Telephone: 617-722-2230
E-Mail:[email protected]

STATE REPRESENTATIVE
TODD M. SMOLA Telephone: 617-722-2240
Opposed

STATE REPRESENTATIVE
DANIEL K. WEBSTER Telephone: 617-722-2487

Call and email or roll over and take it, unless that is you really want this to pass. Then by all means, do nothing.

Don't just talk about it.

DO SOMETHING TO HELP.

However, a HUGE thank you to anyone who has called, emailed, and/or written the committee members.

You should tell your legislators in Mass to look south for answers. In 2007 they passed a "Study on 1 Gun A Month" in CT (because the actual bill could not pass)....3 years later we still have not heard publicly the results from the study.....I wonder why....They also have not proposed it since...

Back
Top Bottom