Pepper spray and firearms for self defense

I always carry both. A worse case senerio is to get into a fist-fight while you are carrying a pistol. You do not want to be attacked by an unarmed person while you have a gun on you.

If someone has a weapon, you shoot them right off the bat. If they are unarmed and you have a pistol on your hip you need to avoid the confrontation at all cost and if you can't get a way OC is the way to go.
I also carry both for these very same reasons.

However, don't forget that disparity of force thing. Many against one, even if you are armed and they are not, can be a justifiable use of deadly force. Particularly if you attempt to de-escalate/avoid/retreat and they pursue the matter.

ETA: I always carry a knife.

Last edited by a moderator:
I also carry both for these very same reasons.

However, don't forget that disparity of force thing. Many against one, even if you are armed and they are not, can be a justifiable use of deadly force. Particularly if you attempt to de-escalate/avoid/retreat and they pursue the matter.

ETA: I always carry a knife.

I agree, if I was faced with multiple unarmed attackers and I mace and was unable to escape I would not hesitate to reach for my firearme. As a trauma nurse, I've seen many times the damage that can be done with fists and feet alone so there's no way I take the chance with mutiple attackers.

I always carry a knife as well - seems like a good idea, espically if someone gets a hand on your holstered gun[grin]

Back
Top Bottom