• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Perpetuate or rectify?

bfm

NES Member
A few of the firearms I have bought over the years were misrepresented on the paperwork from the LGS.

For example. A S&W Model 13 that is a 19 on paper, a 1911 Commander that is marked as having a 5" barrel.

And a few others.

When selling, do you correct the details or leave them so the paperwork matches?

When selling do the paperwork correctly, otherwise I would not worry about it. The serial numbers are correct, right? After that, who cares.

not that it matters but i'm wondering what those are recorded as in the dealers bound book. me, if I were selling, i'd just record them on an efa-10 as what it really is. I imagine if you went through a dealer he'd do the same. interesting dilemma and question, can't say I've heard of it before but i'm sure it happened.

not that it matters but i'm wondering what those are recorded as in the dealers bound book. me, if I were selling, i'd just record them on an efa-10 as what it really is. I imagine if you went through a dealer he'd do the same. interesting dilemma and question, can't say I've heard of it before but i'm sure it happened.
The 1911 is a 1911. the bound book has no place for barrel length. I would have it as colt, 1911, 45ACP and nothing more. Glock, 19, 9mm. what color, what gen, MOS are all not in my bound book.

The 13 vs 19 would be a book issue. The other problems would not be a book issue

The 1911 is a 1911. the bound book has no place for barrel length. I would have it as colt, 1911, 45ACP and nothing more. Glock, 19, 9mm. what color, what gen, MOS are all not in my bound book.

The 13 vs 19 would be a book issue. The other problems would not be a book issue
I see. thanks for clearing that up!

When selling do the paperwork correctly, otherwise I would not worry about it. The serial numbers are correct, right? After that, who cares.

I never look backwards when selling. I just put the correct info in the proper spaces.

It really doesn't matter. I bought one gun where the person reversed their name (first name first instead of last name first) . . . no big deal and no I never called FRB to correct it. Don't care, not my problem.

I do always check the serial numbers. apparently I do not always check all the other info.

And it has always only happen with an instore purchase, never with a FTF deal.

Back
Top Bottom