Personal Identification Number

Recently renewed my LTC A ALP and was given a 6 digit "Pin Number", along with a short letter suggesting I memorize it or bring the letter with me when purchasing a firearm, as I "may" be required to present it. I don't recall ever having to do this before. I'm looking for information relative to this. Thanks,
CJ

Cadillac Jack said:
Recently renewed my LTC A ALP and was given a 6 digit "Pin Number", along with a short letter suggesting I memorize it or bring the letter with me when purchasing a firearm, as I "may" be required to present it. I don't recall ever having to do this before. I'm looking for information relative to this. Thanks,
CJ

This is a new "feature" of the new fingerprint licenses. IMO, always bring
this piece of paper with you, especially if you go to a place with a MIRCS
terminal, like Four Seasons. Reason being is sometimes that dumb
fingerprint scanner thing doesnt work, and the PIN is basically an override
for it. I've seen people get stuck by the system when their finger doesnt
work and they don't know what their pin is.

-Mike

Mike, thanks for the prompt reply. Seems like the quality of the fingerprint image as well as the photograph are of dubious quality. However it does fit nicely in my wallet. I will bring it with me to the Marlboro gun show in any case or is this feature not in use at gun shows or private transfers. Thanks again,
CJ

I havent seen a dealer with a MIRCS terminal at a gun show, but that doesnt
mean it's impossible. (I think it would require some sort of internet connection)...

Additionally, not all dealers (actually, the only one I know is four seasons) even have the system at their shops, anyways. Supposedly the state is still rolling it out.

drgrant, TYOE01313, again, thanks for the quick reply. Just the information I needed. File it under making things harder for the Mass gun owner. "We try harder, because we have to".
CJ

Yea, I just got mine with my PIN yesterday. So, I have to keep this around with me...

I'm just excited that I got one that's smaller as well. But yea, the picture sucks...and I'm not sure about the fingerprint. As it took like 20 min to get three to work when I went in there.

C-pher said:
Yea, I just got mine with my PIN yesterday. So, I have to keep this around with me...

I'm just excited that I got one that's smaller as well. But yea, the picture sucks...and I'm not sure about the fingerprint. As it took like 20 min to get three to work when I went in there.

I stuck my number in my cell phone.

RJ

I got a pin # with mine, but have never had to use it. I have only purchased through two FFL's, 4 Seasons being one of them. My fingerprint scan worked OK, although I had to try it a couple of times. The other FFL just did the phone checks.

My town doesn't even have MIRCS yet. My latest renewal was last November and I got the old style license and no PIN. No MIRCS mandate I guess.

Gary

When u got my LTC-A ALP i got a pin number with mine to. I have bought to firearms so far and am about to buy another one on friday. 2 through 4-seasons and one FTF. I have yet to use my pin number. I just put it away with all my other firearms paperwork.

Back
Top Bottom