• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Pick my next purchase

Bonus came through this year have a few bucks to play with. Suggestions are welcome.
Couple of items I’ve been looking at are:
Ruger markIV
Kel tek sub 2000
Sig mpx. $$$$
Ammo
Non gun:
New golf clubs
Cam kit for Harley

what type of gun are you interested in? like what do you want to do with it? that would help us narrow it down. also price range is helpful.

I’m partial to the Sub2000 but the Sig looks pretty cool too. Sub weighs 4.5 lbs, folds down to nothing and is the best backpack gun I can think of. Shoots like a dream, lots of fun.

From what you listed
Sub2000 and ammo
The sub 2000 will be worth more (resale)_than the Harley after you beat on it a few years. Plus unless you installing the can kit yourself that's a good chunk towards ammo for the sub.
I will toss this out there. CMP M1 garand for $730 shipped

Are you sure? All buddies who ride 6 speeds are already eating my dust with a standard 88. Figure a little more more pop may be fun.

If you have a Twin Cam 88 I recommend the 95" upgrade kit and Stage 2 cams. Did it to my bike and worth every cent.
If you can swing it, the HTCC mod is AWESOME

The Ruger Mark IV is a really fun gun
The Sig is rad, but 10 rounders suck
Keltec barf= I'd wait for a PC9
Ammo is always good, more the better.

I think kel tek 2000 May be a great backpack / camping gun and really cheap

I don’t have any .22 pistols hence the markIV choice

Great thing is I can afford both

I have the G17 sub2000 and it’s fun to shoot AFTER I sunk additional money into it. Red dot mount, red dot, trigger kit, recoil pad.

The factory sights suck! Have to really press your face down on the stock to aim down the sights. Really akward. I’m 6ft with long arms, maybe that’s why?...

That being said, it folds up nicely and preban mags are available (Glock and Beretta models). Fun and accurate.

Last edited:
Figure a little more more pop may be fun.

I can only speak for me, but I've got a pretty fast bike right now, and after the novelty of the whole thing settled in I'm not sure it's all that much more fun to ride than the 305 Scrambler I rode to High School 100 years ago, or any of the others in between. Cost a little more though.

On the Ruger? ....... Ruger® Mark IV™ 22/45™ Lite Rimfire Pistol Models ......maybe?

The Mark IV is great since you don't have a 22. Probably add $200 to upgrade parts (trigger, sights, charging handle, etc).

For all useful purposes $$$ is not a very big barrier. However, I probably won’t be picking up a 50 BMG.

wilson-combat--hackthorne-sp-at1_900.jpg

Hard to go wrong with a Ruger Mark series + volquartsen accurizing kit. My mark 3 22/45 is a lot of fun.

At this point, you should have plenty of firearms, go for PXG golf clubs (Parsons Xtreme Golf - PXG - Golf Clubs Unlike Any Other - PX), they will change your life. Sure, $3+ grand for a set of irons is steep, but what the heck. Don't waste the next few grand on the woods, Callaway and Taylormade are just as good. Also, buy a few boxes of Cuban cigars to enjoy them with.

Back
Top Bottom