Pick my next purchase

Yes, the 16" version is in stores in MA. Looks better with 15" handguard, imo.

18722226_1368936589865961_6026713365471035392_n.jpg
Anyone know who is carrying these?

Are you sure? All buddies who ride 6 speeds are already eating my dust with a standard 88. Figure a little more more pop may be fun.

Seriously? Did a weeks touring in Nova Scotia on my Road King w/ an 88 and was having to be on it hard to keep up with the 6 speeds. If I had the cash I'd be installing a new air ride to my Ultra Limited as the stock air system sucks.

Gun wise, depending on cash, you can never go wrong with something in the 50 BMG range. As to golf clubs, I've had cheap sets I've sucked with and now I have an expensive set that I suck with. It just comes down to how much you want to spend on something you will hate most of the time. lol

Yes, the 16" version is in stores in MA. Looks better with 15" handguard, imo.

18722226_1368936589865961_6026713365471035392_n.jpg
I have one of these, but this pic just tightened up my pants! Looks great. Yours? What did you paint it with? That handguard does look nice. Of course it's out of stock right now...

I have one of these, but this pic just tightened up my pants! Looks great. Yours? What did you paint it with? That handguard does look nice. Of course it's out of stock right now...

It's not mine, but when I get one I plan to add the HB Industries 15" handguard, and a couple other mods. I think I'll get a fixed stock also so I don't have to butcher the folding stock.

If you mean the carbine, I know Baystate and Northeast Arms carry them, and i think Next level in NH. Not sure who else, probably any store that sells rifles that need to be Massified (i.e. ones that don't come MA-compliant from the factory like Sigs).

I got mine from CR Sports in Winthrop. About 1100 otd, iirc. They had a dealer classified ad here on NES. At the time, (about a year ago), it was the 1st and only one they had acquired. Baystate Firearms listed one at the time as well. I have not looked recently. Def find one if you can; great little gun.

It's not mine, but when I get one I plan to add the HB Industries 15" handguard, and a couple other mods. I think I'll get a fixed stock also so I don't have to butcher the folding stock.
I got the HBI AK-style safety selectors which are a big improvement over the stock ones which really do rub on your trigger finger. They didn't have that handguard at the time or I would have been tempted.

Dealer "fixed" my stock prior to purchase so I don't intend to change it. Since you need to fold it to remove it, I cannot remove it :(. ...without destroying it..

That is the HBI pistol length on my sbr. Also have the carbine length which will go on after my can arrives on Monday. HBI makes nice stuff, and you lose the pia factory barrel nut that holds the factory hand guard on.

I bought My CZ scorpion at Gartman Arms. They had one more available when I bought mine a couple weeks ago.

Edit: I haven't shot it yet but I wasn't a fan of where the stock grip placed my trigger hand so I decided to try an after market grip. I also changed out the stock which I REALLY like.

Attachments

• IMG_0326.jpg
    IMG_0326.jpg
    180.6 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
I bought My CZ scorpion at Gartman Arms. They had one more available when I bought mine a couple weeks ago.

Edit: I haven't shot it yet but I wasn't a fan of where the stock grip placed my trigger hand so I decided to try an after market grip. I also changed out the stock which I REALLY like.

The stock grip angle leaves a lot to be desired. Fortunately there is a ton of aftermarket for the scorpion.

Bonus came through this year have a few bucks to play with. Suggestions are welcome.
Couple of items I’ve been looking at are:
Ruger markIV
Kel tek sub 2000
Sig mpx. $$$$
Ammo
Non gun:
New golf clubs
Cam kit for Harley

Ammo. It's about the only thing you can buy that you likely will not
regret.

I always tell people this when they don't know what gun they want to buy.

The retort I always get is "but its not a gun!"

...But you can shoot your guns when everyone else is armflapping and pissing their pants because they can't find ammo during whatever the next supply crisis is.... and that's pretty much priceless.

"If you don't know exactly what you want to buy then you have no business buying a gun. "

It took me like 10+ years to figure this out. If you have to ask other people what to buy, then you're not ready to buy anything... lol. If I had known then what I know now then I would have wasted a lot less
money.

-Mike

Last edited:
Ammo. It's about the only thing you can buy that you likely will not regret.

That's no fun. You might as well tell him to put that bonus into his 401K or paying his heating bill. Buying ammo is boring. And apparently causes a lot anxiety based on the TS-USA thread of people waiting on their ammo order.

Check out these fixed stocks. The fixed buffer tube adapter i bought from them is VERY well made. I was eying the fixed stock on the top of the page plus one of the spacers down toward the bottom of the page.

Lage Manufacturing Stocks

I would say either:
1) Dillon Square Deal B With All The Fixings
2) Kahr PM40

As luck would have it, I happen to be selling one of each on NES right now...

;-)

[mg]
That's no fun. You might as well tell him to put that bonus into his 401K or paying his heating bill. Buying ammo is boring. And apparently causes a lot anxiety based on the TS-USA thread of people waiting on their ammo order.

If you don't think ammo is fun try shooting your guns without it. No ammo, no bang, bang. [mg]

It's very fun to be shooting when everyone else isn't and crying about the ammo that they had to pay 2 x as much for and only could buy 3 boxes at once under a ration, etc. Having withstood Obamascare 1, 2, and Sandy Hook bullshit, Having an extra $1000 worth of ammo going into those things is usually priceless.

-Mike

Just for record
I have neither the time or the inclination to load my own ammo. That’s what ammo companies are for. And yes I’m good with the current price.

Back
Top Bottom