Picking your brain on AK47 Yugo Zastava N-PAP

Don't waste your money. The cheek slap was so bad on the rifle I couldn't even shoot it from the shoulder without turning my face away. Save your money get something else.

Don't waste your money. The cheek slap was so bad on the rifle I couldn't even shoot it from the shoulder without turning my face away. Save your money get something else.
so correct on this. I just sold my O-PAP Friday because of it. The N and O- Pap's have a weird stock. which you cant change. It was mint and never had an issue firing it . ..I sold it and ordered an Arsenal SAM7 .

Last edited:
They're meant for use with optics- hence the stock design.

Even looking over the sights the cheek slap was bad. My arsenal SGL21 was the best AK I have ever shot. I was disappointed with the npap but was lucky enough to get what I paid when I traded it. I'll get another arsenal someday. Funny thing my buddies wasr was more comfortable to shoot

WASR was better to shoot here also. I was looking for an SGL21 but couldn't find what I wanted and was told they aren't making them again. That's from K-Var. Guess FIME group are importing them now??

I'm not the biggest fan of my npap for the same cheek slap crap. It is pretty damn accurate though. I'll eventually change the stock out on mine someday. Luckily I have other Ak's that are much more comfortable to shoot.

I took my npap out to Pelham for the first time on Tueday, and I had no issues with cheek slap, but my fiance did. I am 6'2 so I have no problem with the long butt stock/ getting my face close to the receiver. She however got as close as her body would allow but did have some cheek slap. She put 3 rounds through it and had had enough. Granted I then gave her my M44, so she went from having a sore cheek to a sore shoulder [laugh]

+1, no cheek slap. Love the longer stock, I'm 6'5 and it's easier for me, especially I'm at the range shooting a couple hundred rounds. Mike did you sell the o pap in classifieds or private? I love the n pap I wanted a o pap too:) I have a Sam in the collection, you gonna love it. Just the finish sucks, added a houge rubber grip and added a slant brake

+1, no cheek slap. Love the longer stock, I'm 6'5 and it's easier for me, especially I'm at the range shooting a couple hundred rounds. Mike did you sell the o pap in classifieds or private? I love the n pap I wanted a o pap too:) I have a Sam in the collection, you gonna love it. Just the finish sucks, added a houge rubber grip and added a slant brake
sold it on Armslist. I know stateline in Plaistow NH had some N and 0 paps.
it was clean and shot very good but couldn't see too good with the sights with that stock.--->

Nice, might have to take a drive across to freedom and check them out.

thanks for the heads up

heres the Sam

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    207.8 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom