Pittsfield, MA LTC Interview Questions?

robmcd

Instructor
Former students have asked me for input on the LTC applicant interview process in Pittsfield, MA. Can anyone shed some light on this? Thanks.

1) Go to the police station with your check and paperwork.
2) They will schedule the interview for a week or 2 later (always done on the same day, Wednesdays I think)
3) Go to "interview" and get fingerprints and picture taken
4) Receive license in mail 7 weeks later

Other notes: I was told at the interview that I would be restricted. Also, it is not an interview in the sense like you would think of a job interview. More just of a fingerprints and picture deal.

1) Go to the police station with your check and paperwork.
2) They will schedule the interview for a week or 2 later (always done on the same day, Wednesdays I think)
3) Go to "interview" and get fingerprints and picture taken
4) Receive license in mail 7 weeks later

Other notes: I was told at the interview that I would be restricted. Also, it is not an interview in the sense like you would think of a job interview. More just of a fingerprints and picture deal.

Did you get an LTC-A (R)? I've heard differing tales of people receiving one or the other...

Not sure. It was a female who conducted the interview. May of this year. For what it's worth I didn't put ALP for reason - I stupidly put something like walking, hiking and protection in my home. This was before I found what I should have put down.

Not sure. It was a female who conducted the interview. May of this year. For what it's worth I didn't put ALP for reason - I stupidly put something like walking, hiking and protection in my home. This was before I found what I should have put down.

yuo, you definitely got what you asked for, unfortunately.

If you put ALP on your application, you'll speak to the Chief - it's usually just a chat sort of thing, he'll ask a few questions like when you plan to carry, why you feel the need to, what you would do if you felt threatened, etc. Be honest and forthright. I've not heard of any applicant requesting ALP and being denied since Wynn took office.

To the gentleman who requested and was issued Sporting restriction, call up and ask to have it removed. You may not even need to visit the office. A buddy and his wife both got their restrictions lifted a few weeks ago by calling to ask.

If you put ALP on your application, you'll speak to the Chief - it's usually just a chat sort of thing, he'll ask a few questions like when you plan to carry, why you feel the need to, what you would do if you felt threatened, etc. Be honest and forthright. I've not heard of any applicant requesting ALP and being denied since Wynn took office.

To the gentleman who requested and was issued Sporting restriction, call up and ask to have it removed. You may not even need to visit the office. A buddy and his wife both got their restrictions lifted a few weeks ago by calling to ask.

I will give it a shot.

Thanks for the input. I passed it to the applicants.

They called me to say that the interviews went well, did not involve the Chief, and they will receive unrestricted (ALP) licenses. They also commented that the process was cordial and professional.

At one point there was a statement in the Q&A section of the Pittsfield PD website that deailed how to upgrade your license. That website is no longer up - only the PD page on the City's site. As I recall, it said that you could reapply for a license without restrictions.

Back
Top Bottom