place to shoot trap/skeet around stoughton/canton

B

bigbear383

im looking for a club to shoot skeet/trap in the stoughton/canton area. some place that you can shoot 7 days a week and can shoot alone with a personal "thrower" foot opp. thanks guys .

I belong to Ames Rifle & Pistol Club in Easton, and I shoot trap there all the time with my 11 y.o. son. They have a very wide 100 yard range that we set up on, and for the most part you can do it any time. [smile]

Sharon F&G has informal skeet and trap every Sunday at 10AM. You do NOT need to be a club member.

If you join that club you can use a hand-thrower any time (10AM to Dusk on Sunday, not sure starting time on M-Sat) on those fields and shoot skeet/trap to your heart's content.

I was a member from 1976 to 2000, so I can't speak for what's going on there since then, but they used to be very helpful to any new shooters and the Sunday shoots were for fun, no real competition so you could learn at a leisurely pace.

Massapoag Sportsmen's Club has registered Skeet and Trap matches all the time. MUCH more formal and didn't appear to be a place to learn (wrt shooting there on Sundays, only for the fast-paced experts). Very old info, but back when, they did NOT let you pick up your shells . . . once they hit the ground they belong to the skeet chairman who would sell them back to you! Not sure about their rules for during the week.

There is a Canton Club but I know nothing about it. Likewise there is a Stoughton F&G club that I also know nothing about.

Back
Top Bottom