• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Playing the Contrarian in a Time of Panic

dcmdon

NES Member
Hey all. This is a message out to those who may have all of what they want or need in scary firearms.

If you are set, you may want to consider this to be a great buying opportunity.

In 2013, I was able to sell some scary guns for big bucks. Like an Arsenal AK74 in post-ban trim for $2100 that I paid $400 for.
All I did was put it on Gunbroker with no reserve at $300 and it was bid up to insane levels.

I did the same with a KelTec P2000 which was bid up to $800 and a SCAR for $3600.

When all was said and done, the rush to scary guns created a VERY SOFT market for Fuddy type guns.

So with Cash in Hand, I was able to buy a fancy side by side double that I had lusted after for decades. The time was finally right.

So anyway. If you are sitting on a pile of scarry guns and have always lusted after a fuddy gun. Now may be the time to jump.

Wasn't there a TV show that a couple of guys started off with something cheap/virtually worthless and through bartered exchange kept trading up?
Like an old used ACE men's pocket comb and ended up with a house or a yacht or an airplane...?

1586108936118.png
1586108983982.png

shit, there are plenty of buying opportunities, as far back as comblock ammo was cheap and kits were cheap ...

The cockblock factor is availability of money. A lot of people are out of work, plenty more will join them and who knows how long this madness will last, so many people prefer to keep cash handy instead of buying shit they can't eat or sleep in.

Boris. I agree. One other buy I got, this time of a scary black rifle was of a pre ban Chinese AK in .223.

It was 2008,the economy was in the toilet. The guy made me an offer if I'd drive to NH from CT with cash.

I did and gut a mind boggling deal. So this si going to be a double whammy. bad economy and panic buying of black guns.

All is well and good until Maura decides you're price gouging.

Course, if firearms are unnecessary, can you price gouge?

Dunno, what I do know is that I'm gonna list my CX4 soon.

I think recession-motivated selling will outweigh any demand due to fear.

I'd sell some guns for the cash if I didn't live in Mass and worry that they'll ban more stuff.

shit, there are plenty of buying opportunities, as far back as comblock ammo was cheap and kits were cheap ...

The cockblock factor is availability of money. A lot of people are out of work, plenty more will join them and who knows how long this madness will last, so many people prefer to keep cash handy instead of buying shit they can't eat or sleep in.
While I dislike Communism, I love their weapons and ammunition. Worse thing that ever happened to this country was the Import Ban...

Wasn't there a TV show that a couple of guys started off with something cheap/virtually worthless and through bartered exchange kept trading up?
Like an old used ACE men's pocket comb and ended up with a house or a yacht or an airplane...?

View attachment 345138
View attachment 345139
I recall a story where the guy started with a red paperclip. I dont recall what he ended up with in the end

eta- a house. (in Canada though[wink])

I told DH if there was anything in the collection he didn't want or like this was a great time to sell it since people are desperate.
Maybe I can get big bucks for my SIG Mosquito. [rofl]

View attachment 345138

yes, it was something along the lines of guys find dirty comb, place wtt ad, couple days later senator klobuchar see's this, and realizing she forgot a fork that day, traded them for it so she wouldn't have to look like a brainless barbarian and use her hands. quite the tale of a true American dream really

Hey all. This is a message out to those who may have all of what they want or need in scary firearms.

If you are set, you may want to consider this to be a great buying opportunity.

In 2013, I was able to sell some scary guns for big bucks. Like an Arsenal AK74 in post-ban trim for $2100 that I paid $400 for.
All I did was put it on Gunbroker with no reserve at $300 and it was bid up to insane levels.

I did the same with a KelTec P2000 which was bid up to $800 and a SCAR for $3600.

When all was said and done, the rush to scary guns created a VERY SOFT market for Fuddy type guns.

So with Cash in Hand, I was able to buy a fancy side by side double that I had lusted after for decades. The time was finally right.

So anyway. If you are sitting on a pile of scarry guns and have always lusted after a fuddy gun. Now may be the time to jump.
You dirty American capitalist price-gouger you!!!!

I told DH if there was anything in the collection he didn't want or like this was a great time to sell it since people are desperate.

That's a thought. We've got one in the safe. It's my wife's, but since she's got SIg 232's, 238's and a 320 I doubt she'll miss it. Funny little gun, it runs or some ammo that is "optimized for the AR-22 platform". Little pink gun thinks it's a warrior....

Selling guns sucks, unless they completely meet the "I will never shoot gun X ever again and its literally taking up space in my safe" business. Like when I put my Seecamp .32 on consignment I was basically like "f*** that thing, never again" but there are very
few guns I felt that way about. Years ago due to $$$ problems I had to sell stuff I didnt want to sell. And that just sucks. Even if
you make 200% on it, it still sucks to HAVE to sell something. (and I did, on a few occasions).

-Mike

The Wheeler Dealers guy created a show calledTrading Up where he traded up from a cheap hatchback to a super car.

Its funny, I just read a post where "we" were bashing a guy for doing almost the same thing selling lowers. I totally agree, if you were smart enough to purchase in good times and someone is willing to pay any price in bad times, why should I be mad you got a great price. Weather its ammo, gold, guns, masks.........buy low......sell high!

Just had this argument with my dad on the "masks" guy, told my dad, when shit hits the fan dont come looking for my ammo, bacon or masks unless you have enough gold!

They bought the island of Manhattan for $24 dollars in blankets and beads...
(and the Natives were happy with the deal...)
1586129907388.png

What's it worth now...?

They bought the island of Manhattan for $24 dollars in blankets and beads...
(and the Natives were happy with the deal...)
View attachment 345243

What's it worth now...?
Read somewhere that the natives had no concept that land could be bought and sold. Settlers thought they were screwing the Indians and Indians thought they were screwing the settlers.

Read somewhere that the natives had no concept that land could be bought and sold. Settlers thought they were screwing the Indians and Indians thought they were screwing the settlers.
Sounds like an orgy...

Ha. The worst handgun ever. Very funny. You are screwing whoever you sell it to. Even if you sell it for $100.

Back
Top Bottom