Please take a look at your M1 Carbine Serial numbers!!! Looking for Inland 2921857

There is zero shot, as its a one 6.5 million chance....

In cleaning of some old papers we found some of my grandfathers items from WW2. Included in that was a little book with some addresses (for my grandmother, his future wife at the time) phone numbers, ect.... Included in this was his Jeep number, and his m1 carbine serial number.

The likely hood of ever finding even something close is impossible, but I'll throw it out there.

I need M1 carbine serial number 2921857 (looks to be Inland)

Either way, It's fun to have another connection to my grandfather and his military service. He was one of many whose records were lost in the fire at the archives.

I now have a lifetime of pickup M1 carbines in search

Last edited:
There is zero shot, as its a one 6.5 million chance....

In cleaning of some old papers we found some of my grandfathers items from WW2. Included in that was a little book with some addresses (for my grandmother, his future wife at the time) phone numbers, ect.... Included in this was his Jeep number, and his m1 carbine serial number.

The likely hood of ever finding even something close is impossible, but I'll throw it out there.

I need M1 carbine serial number 2921857 (looks to be Inland)

Either way, It's fun to have another connection to my grandfather and his military service. He was one of many whose records were lost in the fire at the archives.

I now have a lifetime of pickup M1 carbines in search

You should probably join The CMP Forum and post there too.

Sorry, mine is a really early one - 184K. You're odds are better than you think. Serial numbers were assigned by range per manufacturer per multiple contracts, and do not represent total production. On the other hand, Inland was the biggest producer with a total of 2,632,097 produced. But your odds improved by 60%!

Attached is Inland's SN breakdown by contract. Your grandfather's looks like an early second contract, about September, 1943.

T

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom