Plus and Minus of buying a Semi Auto Uzi?

I have a model b uzi that i got nib off this forum a few years ago. Sbr'd it and took it to the range once. Been sitting in safe ever since. It's fun but heavy and limited with optics options. I've got more fun options that I take to go blasting.

I have a model b uzi that i got nib off this forum a few years ago. Sbr'd it and took it to the range once. Been sitting in safe ever since. It's fun but heavy and limited with optics options. I've got more fun options that I take to go blasting.

So casually looking I’m seeing a Model A and a Model B Uzi. Is there a big difference between the two and is one better then the other?

Imo/ ime.. I have owned a few semis and a fa…
A 16” bbl just makes it awkward and silly. If you do a sbr, it could be fun.

Assuming we are talking carbines..

At this point I just think the semis are a lot of money that could be used elsewhere.

Yes inflation is tough. My AK cost $350.00 with an 1100 round case of ammo.

Ironically, I found nearly that exact same deal (plus about five extra mags) just this past summer, here in MA.

It's my most unbelievable firearms score. It felt like 1994 again. I still can't believe I got that lucky.

So casually looking I’m seeing a Model A and a Model B Uzi. Is there a big difference between the two and is one better then the other?
Model A is open bolt, Model B is closed bolt. Model A is the full auto. Model A IMI's are running 3-4K now, Model B is 2K and up. If your lucky, they show up occasionally are the 45 and 41AE. I had a B, yeah, heavyish, clunkyish, but damn accurate and very cool. Shorty barrel is a blast also. Also had an SP5K, I'd take that any day over the UZI if it was a daily carry requirement, just the weight alone and optics options. SP5K are running 2200 and up depending on accessories. Lots more options on the HK!!!!
This is a very cool piece, Euro version,

Model A is open bolt, Model B is closed bolt. Model A is the full auto. Model A IMI's are running 3-4K now, Model B is 2K and up. If your lucky, they show up occasionally are the 45 and 41AE. I had a B, yeah, heavyish, clunkyish, but damn accurate and very cool. Shorty barrel is a blast also. Also had an SP5K, I'd take that any day over the UZI if it was a daily carry requirement, just the weight alone and optics options. SP5K are running 2200 and up depending on accessories. Lots more options on the HK!!!!

Now I want an SP5K. Thanks! 😆

This is not true, the model A was an early import and a closed bolt, either one could be converted to fire full auto from the open or closed bolt by opening up the sears slot in the receiver and adding a converted open or closed bolt with full auto lower, the model B had a different bolt with a trip lever at the rear, to prevent out of battery firing and a later import, Collectors want the Model A but essentially they shoot and perform the same

I've had a sbr'd hk94 but sold it a while back. I'm heavily invested I'm 9mm PCC platform and must say my two B&T apc9s are better then then HK in every way.

Skip it and go with the MP5.

Dave

I'e always hated the MP5 sights. But I'm shocked at how fast it took a back seat in the 00's. It was the s-word from 1980-2000. Then AR variants just took over. Honestly, if I had a choice today, and I lived in a free-er state, I'd get a Honey Badger before an MP5 even if they were free. Easier mag change. More ergonomic. Sadly, not slap. I'd survive.

If you get one in semi-auto, then you're taking away the one thing they're designed to do "well enough."

So now you're left with a firearm that does nothing "well enough" with minimal ergonomics and maximal cheapness.

So.

GIF by Zack Kantor
Speaking about semi-auto AKs again? :)

I have a Vector carbine. Really fun and nostalgic to shoot. Frigging heavy. I have both a folder and a fixed wood stocks. Id be happy to meet up and your welcome to try it before you buy. Mine really likes some stout 124 gr ammo to cycle the heavy bolt . I also got a subsonic load that shoots excellent.

Back
Top Bottom