• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

PM from Associated Press?....Scam?

Some Fudd who thinks the press is fair and balanced will talk to them all day.
I can see plenty of the older guys that I've heard at the club that will vent to anybody who will listen. They have no clue what's really going on, even tho they consume plenty of newspapers and TV news

Seems as his 'theme' is "Are you scared? Is that why you're buying guns?"

That's a big NOTHING of a story, #1.
#2 - once he get's you (someone) in the hot seat, he'll try to pry for juiciness and put you in a corner.

You know, Investigative Reporting - hahaha

And the fact he's has his eyes on you ("some of your postings"), leads me to believe he has a particular motive in contacting you in particular.

Seems as his 'theme' is "Are you scared? Is that why you're buying guns?"

That's a big NOTHING of a story, #1.
#2 - once he get's you (someone) in the hot seat, he'll try to pry for juiciness and put you in a corner.

You know, Investigative Reporting - hahaha

And the fact he's has his eyes on you ("some of your postings"), leads me to believe he has a particular motive in contacting you in particular.

You forgot #3: Make some shit up for your fake story.

Part of me would want to talk to him, but be fully prepared to use the stats - social injustice to our favor.

For example, if we could get minorities to speak up and say that the skyrocketing cost and lack of ammunition locally is causing them problems. It's unfair to people in lower income cities, people of color, LBGTQ+ and other groups that they can't easily order from online retailers at a lower cost... and that MA is racist and bigoted because it's putting more financial burden on them compared to open states, then maybe this could be a good opportunity.

Don't be tempted, 9 out of 10 times this ends up being a screw job esp if its local media.

I'd feel differently about it if it wasn't MA. Most local medias here are commies, who are writing stuff to pander to other commies.

Gun owners shouldnt interact with medias. Maybe GOAL or Comm2A or something, if -at all- and even those guys are likely reluctant, but at least they know how to avoid a full on
backstab in the process. The average well meaning gun owner will get screwed by a media type.

Think of it like "talking to the police involving a criminal investigation without counsel present" its the same kind of (bad) idea.

Don't be tempted, 9 out of 10 times this ends up being a screw job esp if its local media.

I'd feel differently about it if it wasn't MA. Most local medias here are commies, who are writing stuff to pander to other commies.

Gun owners shouldnt interact with medias. Maybe GOAL or Comm2A or something, if -at all- and even those guys are likely reluctant, but at least they know how to avoid a full on
backstab in the process. The average well meaning gun owner will get screwed by a media type.

Think of it like "talking to the police involving a criminal investigation without counsel present" its the same kind of (bad) idea.

I know it’s not worth it.

If they contact me

55B45A33-86ED-4460-840F-1A35C04EAD46.png

Some Fudd who thinks the press is fair and balanced will talk to them all day.
I can see plenty of the older guys that I've heard at the club that will vent to anybody who will listen. They have no clue what's really going on, even tho they consume plenty of newspapers and TV news
I already had a few from my club that I can see yapping away thinking they're Billy Badass, just making things worse for everyone!

So if anyone does talk to a reporter or author, and you live in MA or another two party state, get out a recorder, ask them if you can tape, then when they say yes, turn on the recorder and state, “OK you have given me permission to record this conversation, correct?” So you have his agreement on the recording.

My $.02 in a non-confrontational way.

Without being confrontational take out the 'tape recorder' at the very beginning, turn it on, then say something to the effect of; "I'm recording this to keep both of us honest" and give a small chuckle. Or a nasty snarl if that is the tone of the conversation to come.

You do not need their permission. They just have to be made aware of the recording. If they continue they have been made aware and you have it recorded. If they respond poorly and take it out on you, again, you have the recording.

Here is a relevant case but not the only one.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhd5_6DHV5s

Back
Top Bottom