• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Police say Pa. trooper accidentally shot wife Read

The blue wall saves another "professional" gun handler from being prosecuted, if I was her parents I'd be pressing the DA to prosecute........
[bs2]

T
he pity is he has 2 children to support still and must live with this, not sure how I feel on this.
Absolutely. I hope he rots personally, because the " cleaning my gun and it went off" ( at center mass of my wife's chest, no less) is ****ing bullshit. PASP carries Glocks. So to take it apart, you pull the trigger, which I'm sure will be his defense. You watch, somehow ****ing Glock will get named in the civil suit too. How he articulates a round in the chamber and it pointed at his wife should be interesting. But correct, the 2 kids are now ****ed. Hopefully there are some grandparents or something to step in.

I'd be curious to know where the cleaning was being done. I can't say I've actually cleaned a gun in the living room, on the kitchen table, or an area where other family members are generally around.

Either way: pretty damn negligent to point the gun at your wife, even if you thought it wasn't loaded. Isn't the first rule of gun safety to never point a gun at something you aren't willing to destroy?

My guess, not an accident he shot his wife center mass.

Who the **** points their gun at their spouse while field stripping it?

Proving negligence in the court is easy, but too much 'reasonable doubt' to prove malice.

I'm going to say for the sake of argument it was an accident.

What kind of douche ass cleans his guns in the same room as his pregnant wife and doesn't bother to check that it's completely unloaded?

Oh geez, something really sounds off about this whole situation.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

If this was an accident as the cop says then wouldn't there be a specific pattern of gun shot residue on both of his hands? If he was clearing the firearm and it accidentally discharged then his non-shooting hand should have been near the ejection port and have a splash of GSR in a specific pattern on the palm of his non-shooting hand. If he does then maybe it was an accident or would at least imply some doubt that it was intentional. If this wasn't an accident and he wasn't smart enough to think of his GSR on his non-shooting hand then there would be no residue on the palm of his non-shooting hand and then this would clearly not be an accident or at the very least imply that is wasn't. Do the police check for GSR in cases like these?

If this was an accident as the cop says then wouldn't there be a specific pattern of gun shot residue on both of his hands? If he was clearing the firearm and it accidentally discharged then his non-shooting hand should have been near the ejection port and have a splash of GSR in a specific pattern on the palm of his non-shooting hand. If he does then maybe it was an accident or would at least imply some doubt that it was intentional. If this wasn't an accident and he wasn't smart enough to think of his GSR on his non-shooting hand then there would be no residue on the palm of his non-shooting hand and then this would clearly not be an accident or at the very least imply that is wasn't. Do the police check for GSR in cases like these?
He shot her. He said he shot her. I'm pretty sure they have put the gun in his hands lol.

Watching too much CSI are we?

horrible horrible story

how do you not know your gun is loaded?
why is it pointed in anyone's direction, loaded or not?

I disassemble my firearms pointed at the floor, every time, regardless of anyone being in the room with me

Either a negligent discharge or straight up, freaking murder. No way this was an "accident". Accidents are events that take place which are almost always out of a person's control. Either way, someone should be losing their badge over this.

Either a negligent discharge or straight up, freaking murder. No way this was an "accident". Accidents are events that take place which are almost always out of a person's control. Either way, someone should be losing their badge over this.

I would have to think losing his badge will be the least of his worries lol. At the very least, he has violated a dept policy as to how he disassembled his gun, and in doing so put a round in his wife's chestal region. More than likely though, he violated the dept policy that says you can't kill your wife.

The big question is what is it they charge him with. Right now they are going thru his text messages, phone calls, contact lists etc. They're interviewing friends and family, and neighbors. My guess is , shortly we will see there was marital discord, history of butthurtness etc. And my money, is that this guy has a chick on the side, thought he could take wifey out and make it look accidental, and Charlie Mike with Blondocalrissian his 18 year old chick.

Back
Top Bottom