Poll: MSNBC Asking how safe you feel knowing people are carrying

I like this one, these sheep don't realize that if the guy next to you is carrying, he passed the background check that the others in the room have not.

This law will bring about more gun deaths - of innocent people. I just can't trust the mentality of those that carry weapons. What's next

I voted for:

In danger: These people could be trigger-happy yahoos or stumblebums whose weapon might go off by accident.

You gotta watch out for those "stumblebums"[rofl]

Wow. 74% positive right now on MSNBC of all places.
Not surprising. 1) such polls are entertaining, but not in any way representative even of the people who read MSNBC. 2) only 210 responses so far. 3) Easily stuffed by folks at forums like ourselves.

If poll suits MSNBC they'll report it as news even though it's not a scientific poll. If it doesn't, you'll never hear about it again, scientific or not.

Back up to 71%

Why don't people ever get past their fears and fantasies and look at facts - for all the doom and gloom we heard about Florida passing the "stand your ground law", the streets STILL aren't red with the blood of the innocents.

Some of the people's anti comments amaze me. They really do have no idea what they are talking about.

Their comments are fueled by misleading information and anti gun propaganda fed to them from the day they are born. Turning them around to make them view the world through the eyes of reality is near impossible in most cases. People like that want to live in this protective bubble where they think nothing can hurt them and the world is all full of ponies and candy where nothing bad ever happens. I just don't get how they can rationalize how getting rid of a tool will somehow make the world a better place overnight.

I had to stop the more I read the more enraged I get as to how people can be so stupid how do they think of this stuff. These were my favorites

"Guns don't kill people. People kill people." What a misdirecting, in denial load of crap.

"A coward is a coward, whether the gun is legal or not"

It's hard to cure people of Phobia. That is what the problem is.

As Jeff Cooper used to say..... The Hoplephobes are just scared.

Thanks for posting. Current results:

70.3%
Very safe: If a crime is committed or a threat of violence made, they’ve got the means to respond.
18,761 votes

25.7%
In danger: These people could be trigger-happy yahoos or stumblebums whose weapon might go off by accident.
6,850 votes

4.1%
Not sure: How would we know? Wouldn’t it depend on the state laws involved and circumstances?
1,087 votes

I also linked it on my Facebook page, under this heading: "Do you feel safe when you're around me? If so, please vote "VERY SAFE" in this poll. ;o)"

March 24, 2010, 1:25 PM

70.2%

Very safe: If a crime is committed or a threat of violence made, they’ve got the means to respond.
20,194 votes

25.7%

7,376 votes

4.1%

Not sure: How would we know? Wouldn’t it depend on the state laws involved and circumstances?
1,185 votes

Last edited:
The anti's that left comments were stupefying.
Their reasons were so uninformed that if you applied their same logic and comments about gun control to a conversation about race....they would be the most racist and bigoted people on the planet and would make the nightly news. The way they stereotyped people who CC was downright bigoted.

Also, I know that I am knit-picking (never had to spell it!) here, but to clarify all the anti's posting about how this "isn't the Wild West": Most of those people in the Wild West OPEN carried. The people that started trouble, knew what they were doing and consequently got what they deserved.

This is Post #14 from a person that answered in danger:

"The other day I had someone stood next to me with a gun on my hip. I felt threatened all the time."

And they have the nerve to call us rednecks...[rofl]

72% and counting

Last edited:
This is Post #14 from a person that answered in danger "The other day I had someone stood next to me with a gun on my hip. I felt threatened all the time." And they call us rednecks...

According to Freud Dude, that person shows a retarded mental development. i.e. he is clinically a mental defective.

74.6%
38,887 votes

21.4%
11,174 votes

4%
2,074 votes

Back
Top Bottom