possible AR 80% build party wmass

engraving???

Looks like I'll have my Bridgeport up and running soon... just need to get a VFD.... to convert the 3 phase to single... can you bring that end mill over... [grin]

How are people finishing there 80% before they get them coated? There are engraving places on line but dont want to mail my lower after I finish it. Are there any local places to get it done?

How are people finishing there 80% before they get them coated? There are engraving places on line but dont want to mail my lower after I finish it. Are there any local places to get it done?

Either Duracoat them or anodize them yourself....

Or get an 80% lower that's already anodized......

Slugworth i am talking about getting them etched, i am going to Duracoat it. I want to get or do myself the selector switch engraving, didnt know if there were any local shops or a do it yourself method people could recommend.

Slugworth i am talking about getting them etched, i am going to Duracoat it. I want to get or do myself the selector switch engraving, didnt know if there were any local shops or a do it yourself method people could recommend.

Ahh gotcha..

Sry...

Here's a little teaser for those who got in on the latest 80%er GB. This photo was take yesterday. 16 days total from cutoff date to arrival of the lowers. That is the way a GB should be run and none of them ended up on gunbroker. Speaking of which. I wonder how our old pal winter is doing. lol

2r586jt.jpg

Last edited:
I wonder which three I'm getting....

...heh heh heh.

That buy has been smooth as hell, so far. Can't wait to them to roll in!

ETA: Mine shipped yesterday....

All have been delivered, some are receivers already. lol
I really like how these had the rear shelf already machined which saves having to break your set up down halfway through.

P1070036_zps87f96437.jpg

mine are due to be delivered today.... looking forward to it. Haven't picked up a jig yet..... just can't seem to pull the trigger..

They are nice, got mine Tuesday. I've been looking at jigs, too and also can't make up my mind. Since I have a minimill, what I should do is put the DROs on it and make some inserts for clamping receivers in the vise. It would take me longer than ordering a jig, though.

did this build party ever happen or did this thread just fizzle out? I'm up for throwing down some cash or ammo for the use of a mill.

Last edited:
Wow, thanks for the heads up! I was under the impression that paying somebody to do it would be illegal but renting some equipment and doing it myself would be legal. The wording on that new ruling is very confusing, but it seems to say that we're allowed to finish an 80% lower to the point of being classified as a firearm but is still not able to function. How can a piece of metal be called a firearm if it can't fire a projectile? Wouldn't that just make it a highly detailed paperweight?

Back
Top Bottom