Post ban fixed mag AR15 style rife question

I am in the process of buying a Dark Storm Industries DS-15 rifle, I think DS-15 MOE, sold in MA and claimed to be MA compliant.

Although there are quick loading devices, like the Mean Arms loader, I’ve been warned by friends more knowledgeable than myself ( newbie here), that if a jamb occurs, like a double feed, it is difficult to clear due to the fact that you can’t drop the magazine. Makes sense. Furthermore, I’m told there are possibly some simple mods that can be done while remaining legal, but modify to have a detachable magazine, as long as no other evil features are present other than the pistol grip. ( if other features are present, they are to be removed/ disabled). Do I understand this correctly?

If a modification to provide a detachable magazine is allowable as described above, what method can be used to achieve this? I’ve seen some videos on a Maglock product., and the installation of a kingpin. I’m out of my league here, but curious to figure this out. Suggestions gratefully appreciated! Thanks.

Last edited:
I am in the process of buying a Dark Storm Industries DS-15 rifle, I think DS-15 MOE, sold in MA and claimed to be MA compliant.

Although there are quick loading devices, like the Mean Arms loader, I’ve been warned by friends more knowledgeable than myself ( newbie here), that if a jamb occurs, like a double feed, it is difficult to clear due to the fact that you can’t drop the magazine. Makes sense. Furthermore, I’m told there are possibly some simple mods that can be done while remaining legal, but modify to have a detachable magazine, as long as no other evil features are present other than the pistol grip. ( if other features are present, they are to be removed/ disabled). Do I understand this correctly?

If a modification to provide a detachable magazine is allowable as described above, what method can be used to achieve this? I’ve seen some videos on a Maglock product., and the installation of a kingpin. I’m out of my league here, but curious to figure this out. Suggestions gratefully appreciated! Thanks.
There's no detachable magazine ban on AR15s in MA, just buy a regular one. I don't know of any stores that will send you (a brand new gun owner) out the door without a pinned stock and muzzle.

Back
Top Bottom