Mass compliant list Question

my LGS I was told that just because it’s on the list doesn’t mean they can sell it .. ??

That's correct. Handguns fall under multiple distinct sets of restrictions. Glocks are on the roster, but most shops don't sell Glock brand glocks as complete pistols, as they don't meet the [former] AG's consumer product safety regulations. [They did, but were retroactively removed]

That's correct. Handguns fall under multiple distinct sets of restrictions. Glocks are on the roster, but most shops don't sell Glock brand glocks as complete pistols, as they don't meet the [former] AG's consumer product safety regulations. [They did, but were retroactively removed]
So other than Glocks .. which I think everyone knows what other Handguns have been tested,listed and then restricted?

So other than Glocks .. which I think everyone knows what other Handguns have been tested,listed and then restricted?
They're basically are none suppressed by the AG other than the M&P models that Smith occasionally dribbled out that had normal triggers. Honestly you need to forget about all this crap and just go buy what you want it's not worth learning how the system works because not every shop obeys the system the same way. And none of it applies to you as a consumer in terms of what you can legally purchase and actually possess.

none of it applies to you as a consumer in terms of what you can legally purchase and actually possess.

Thank you, that says it all. I just wanted to bold it.

Also - there is no shortage of shops which ignore certain rules, or 'manufacture' a completed pistol back into a frame, sell the frame and parts, yada yada yada...

Wise is the wrong word. You are still worrying about whether it is listed. That is not wise.

The 4" is available new if you deal with the right FFLs.
I’m not worried.. If I can find that right one I’ll be getting the 4” too., 6” on the way and this FFL .. I asked ..would not get the 4”

Morning all.. another beautiful day here in SEMass.. not
I have a question I thought I already knew the answer for .. The Mass complaint list for handguns shows the the makes and models they can sell in MA correct? .. they have added the Anaconda to the list and when I asked my LGS I was told that just because it’s on the list doesn’t mean they can sell it .. ?? I’m not going to argue with someone who does this everyday can someone clear up what being on this list means? I assume the company’s have paid for testing so these guns can be Compliant.. thanks in advance

I think the only guns on the list that mainstream gun shops won't sell are Glocks. Could be wrong cause I don't really care about the list.

Yes, we're talking about mainstream shops who abide by the list. Those won't sell new glocks.
I go to a mainstream shop that’s very active on here and probably does more volume in a year that most of the others on here and I can buy any Glock I want

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom