Practical Shotgun Oct 3 Wallum Lake R&G

Had a great time, this was a really fun match, thanks to Wallum Lake, the ROs and the match director. i can't wait to do it again. Video to follow

Great match today! Thanks to everyone involved. Can't wait for the next one.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Great time today, the weather was MUCH, MUCH better than expected. Just a very light rain for the first stage, then some mist, then nothing for the last 3+ stages. I was expecting to shoot in mild to heavy rain. Almost wasn't worth cleaning the shotgun when I got home, but I did.

It really was a fun match, especially the way the barriers were setup requiring movement across all but one stage. It would also be great to shoot today's match as an action pistol match leaving the stage setups the way they were.

Great job to Wallum Lake and the crew who always put in the extra effort to make sure we all have a great time.

-Cuz.

I had a blast (literally). This was my first action type shooting and I definitely made improvements as the match progressed. Thanks everyone who organized this. I definitely will be at the next one. Anyone have any videos or pictures?

Now only I remember to close the bolt next time.

Thanks to Jim and Chris for putting this on. It was lot of fun and the weather held out. I haven't taken my shotgun out of the safe for a year and it showed.

wow!!

had a terrific time, the rain held off too

terrific format, and I am quite impressed with the facility of wallum lake

having never done any kind of shotgun competition like this before, I can say (as a first timer) that it was quite 'user friendly', the other participants were inviting, got some great tips & was able to play safe all day

I thoroughly enjoyed getting some use out of my dedicated home defense Mossberg 590

I would do this again in a hearbeat, nice job Chris & thanks to Jim of Wallum lake for hosting... I hope there are more on the horizon

-chris

Thanks to everyone that came out. Thanks very much to my squad for running themselves when I wasn't and was there. Please let me know what u'd like to see in the future as I'm sure we will be doing this again soon.

Thanks to everyone that came out. Thanks very much to my squad for running themselves when I wasn't and was there. Please let me know what u'd like to see in the future as I'm sure we will be doing this again soon.

Moving targets would be interesting, the texas star added an element that changed things up.

Hopefully next time I will have had more time to work on my reloading as that really killed my run.

I can promise you that I will never again have a polish plate rack in a match that run. I have seen the death star but it was called something else. Those targets are cute but the truth is they are a pain to set and slow a match down more than anything else. We do have 2 swingers with 2 plates each right now. GT target stands will be sending me some toys so I'm sure we will have some swinging clays too.

Please PM or email again if this happens agian, this was a really interesting shoot and am definitely interested in doing this again, is there an email list to join to be automatically notified?

Back
Top Bottom