• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

pre ban ak mags

Do I hear group buy???

I'd be in for a group buy if someone in a free state is willing to organise one. There are some really great deals out there, but NONE of the places will ship into MA. If someone from NH would do it, they could just ask for a scan of LTCs for those in MA, or other states to make sure they were not breaking any laws, and they could mark them up a couple of bucks to make it worth their while. Everyone would benefit.

Yeah for only $40 a pop! Wahoo! Sarcasm, but seriously they're $25+

No bueno

Exactly! I paid $20 a pop for the first few I bought just because I only had a single 10 rounder at the time and was desperate to have extra mags, but at this point it seems very high when you see what they go for in non-ban states.

$20 is still too expensive. During Labor Day / Memorial Day / 4th of July, several vendors hold sales for what is essentially 10-20 mags for $100 or $200 respectively. $10 a pop.

I only buy if I see them at this price + shipping. Most of mine have been bought at less than that. If I am paying more for an AK mag, it is going to be rare and/or collectible or strange like a Tula plum mag for a Tula Krink build. Something like that. If you are paying the god forsaken $40 FS special, you need to re-evaluate your life and start paying me money to find you magazines because your brain does not function.

Forum Member said:
But Flintoid- where do you find magazines for so little?? I can't find anywhere that sells them for this much because I check websites like MidwayUSA and shop at Four Seasons because these are the only places that I know about

You don't reveal sources of people who sell you magazines. Are there vendors that will ship them to you in MA? Assume that this answer is no. Because it's largely correct. Do they sell to buyers in NH? Yes.

If you weren't lazy, or helpless, or both, you could go onto forum classifieds and buy them from people.

Forum Member said:
But Flintoid- everyone on NES lists AK mags for $30-35 a pop!

Well no shit, sherlock. I didn't say NES classifieds- people here jerk each other around harder than me tugging on my schwartz. Go on theakfiles or theakforum. Yes, you are correct in that they aren't NES members. But guess what? NES members are just as shitty as other forum members- just because they pay to be green does not make them infallible as human beings. Other people pay to be on other gun forums, too. And they are people, just like NES members. But unlike NES members, they tend to sell things at reasonable sane prices.

The reason why I have so many magazines and so much money in my bank account is the direct result that I don't automatically throw money at Carl for cheap bullshit because he's a nice guy and has a neat shop. It's because I look for deals, find them, and then inquire the seller whether they are interested in selling magazines to a properly licensed MA resident. Is there legal ramifications for this? No. Can they be at risk of AG trouble? Probably. But if you go through the right steps and are cautious, you can mitigate all of this risk and do a transaction just fine. Knowing out of state people is helpful, as well.

One forum moderator sold me a few dozen mags because he wanted to help stick it to MA retaredness.

But if this all is too hard, just go to the gun shop and buy a mag for $40. Just buy 1/4 the amount that you would have otherwise. It's not a bad thing, really.

Last edited:
$20 is still too expensive. During Labor Day / Memorial Day / 4th of July, several vendors hold sales for what is essentially 10-20 mags for $100 or $200 respectively. $10 a pop.

What would you say average price is per mag, not including shipping (not on sale) or even a private sale? Obviously price should vary depending on condition.

Between $10 and $15 per mag?

What would you say average price is per mag, not including shipping? Obviously price should vary depending on condition.

for what? The specials that vendors run?

price: $11
condition: virgins that gave me handjobs. It was insane- 250 magazines virgin handjobs from perfect magazines that were the best. So go virgin and you'll never go back to whatever else there is. So awesome.

who cares what condition they're in. They work, right? There you go. They all worked. Or maybe they don't because I haven't used them all. Who cares.

What would you say average price is per mag, not including shipping (not on sale) or even a private sale? Obviously price should vary depending on condition.

Between $10 and $15 per mag?

That is what you should target for price range, however finding them for that price in MA, is all but impossible these days. Even other gun forums that I watch the classifieds on seem to be creeping closer to the $20 price mark, unless you are buying a whole lot from someone, then like everything price can be negotiated down a bit. I want to get a bunch more, but I'm not willing to spend the prices I have been seeing lately, so I will just wait until someone does a group buy with one of these AIM Surplus buys, or something.

Christ...Ive been here for like a year and I can find them for that cheap 10-13 price range. Are all of you that slow, you have no ability to find things out?

The internet is an amazing thing, perhaps you are all too old or incapable of navigating it correctly. Just looked at my last invoice, yup they came in at 11.99 a pop. Fck four seasons price, thats being a dick..(here come the capitalism, 4 season boner crew)

Now I know nothing about AR mags or anything. I only own AKs so maybe thats why I invest more time in them. But its baffling to see so many here saying PM me or I cant find them.

Christ...Ive been here for like a year and I can find them for that cheap 10-13 price range. Are all of you that slow, you have no ability to find things out?

The internet is an amazing thing, perhaps you are all too old or incapable of navigating it correctly. Just looked at my last invoice, yup they came in at 11.99 a pop. Fck four seasons price, thats being a dick..(here come the capitalism, 4 season boner crew)

Now I know nothing about AR mags or anything. I only own AKs so maybe thats why I invest more time in them. But its baffling to see so many here saying PM me or I cant find them.

$11.99 a pop?!?

Damn... shoot me PM!!

lol

Here's one other trick. Get a credit card with a non-MA address. If you do electronic billing, it doesn't matter what the address is.

Then just order online and have them shipped to the CC billing address. Comeon, you must know someone who will let you ship stuff to their house.
This obviously works for ammo too.

Back
Top Bottom