Precision Armament Werks, Franklin MA

Precision Armament Werks

I had an opportunity to visit Precision Armament Werks in Franklin (MA) yesterday and was very impressed. It is great to have a gun store in the area and even better to have a store like Precision.
The staff are pleasant, knowledgable and helpful.
The store has a great selection of AR accessories and a complete line of MAGPUL products as well as an impressive variety of firearms.
I will be a repeat customer and absolutely recommend this store to others!
They are located at:
842 Upper Union Street
Suite 6
Franklin, MA 02038

I had a pretty unique experience recently with PAW that I think anyone in the area should know about.

Some of you might remember the S&W Bodyguard .380auto threads that I posted in. I got a new one from PAW that was a lemon - light strikes/couldn't manually extract a cartridge. But it didn't end there, as this handgun has been sent back to the factory a total of FOUR TIMES over the course of only about 6 months that I've owned it.

First time, it had light strikes. You would press the trigger 15-20 times to discharge a single shot. After two hours of ****ing with it, we only shot 4 cartridges. Couldn't manually extract a round, took two of us big guys pressing down hard on it with the slide pressed on a table just to eject an unfired cartridge. Unsuited for carry. Took 1 month for repair.
Second time, Still couldn't manually extract a round. Laser burnt out after a few hours. Magazine would drop and fall free after a few shots being fired. Tested it to make sure the mag release wasn't being pressed and it sure as hell wasn't. Took a month for repair. With PAW sending it in, we hoped to get a better result this time and talked to them about a refund (Which S&W said they will do if they deem necessary
Third time, the laser wasn't burnt out but was defunct and had a giant line in it. Massive amounts of double feeds and stovepipes. 6-7 magazines fired an only two cartridges fired didn't result in a malfunction. I had gotten the name of their "review board" head guy and plastered his name everywhere. Took two weeks to get it back this time (There was about 1-2 weeks each time between sending it in)
Fourth time, I got it back and it finally came with a letter. Prior, nobody in S&W would tell me or PAW what the hell was going on with it and they never said what they did to it. This time they threw in two extra magazines, and a letter that said they completely replaced the slide and worked on the frame to prevent magazine mishaps. They also said they fired 50 shots without error. So I took it to the range and it fired about 100 rounds without a hitch. I decided to carry it around for a week before taking it to the range again. Three days later it wouldn't hold a magazine. You would put in any of the mags in it and if the slide was closed, it would pop right out. The magazine release wasn't being pressed. It didn't matter if there was one cartridge or all six in the mag. It would pop out without fail. At this point, the firearm was completely useless and you'd have to manually load a single shot in the chamber every time to get it to shoot.

All in all this was a six month headache for both myself and Greg at PAW who had been there the entire time. He gave me his cell number, wanted all the updates, and did everything he could. At this point, he asked me to bring it back in and gave me a refund for the gun. I was afraid I just lost hundreds for something that never, ever worked but he made sure to take care of me. I can't think of any other local dealer who would do something like this.

I had a pretty unique experience recently with PAW that I think anyone in the area should know about.

Some of you might remember the S&W Bodyguard .380auto threads that I posted in. I got a new one from PAW that was a lemon - light strikes/couldn't manually extract a cartridge. But it didn't end there, as this handgun has been sent back to the factory a total of FOUR TIMES over the course of only about 6 months that I've owned it.

First time, it had light strikes. You would press the trigger 15-20 times to discharge a single shot. After two hours of ****ing with it, we only shot 4 cartridges. Couldn't manually extract a round, took two of us big guys pressing down hard on it with the slide pressed on a table just to eject an unfired cartridge. Unsuited for carry. Took 1 month for repair.
Second time, Still couldn't manually extract a round. Laser burnt out after a few hours. Magazine would drop and fall free after a few shots being fired. Tested it to make sure the mag release wasn't being pressed and it sure as hell wasn't. Took a month for repair. With PAW sending it in, we hoped to get a better result this time and talked to them about a refund (Which S&W said they will do if they deem necessary
Third time, the laser wasn't burnt out but was defunct and had a giant line in it. Massive amounts of double feeds and stovepipes. 6-7 magazines fired an only two cartridges fired didn't result in a malfunction. I had gotten the name of their "review board" head guy and plastered his name everywhere. Took two weeks to get it back this time (There was about 1-2 weeks each time between sending it in)
Fourth time, I got it back and it finally came with a letter. Prior, nobody in S&W would tell me or PAW what the hell was going on with it and they never said what they did to it. This time they threw in two extra magazines, and a letter that said they completely replaced the slide and worked on the frame to prevent magazine mishaps. They also said they fired 50 shots without error. So I took it to the range and it fired about 100 rounds without a hitch. I decided to carry it around for a week before taking it to the range again. Three days later it wouldn't hold a magazine. You would put in any of the mags in it and if the slide was closed, it would pop right out. The magazine release wasn't being pressed. It didn't matter if there was one cartridge or all six in the mag. It would pop out without fail. At this point, the firearm was completely useless and you'd have to manually load a single shot in the chamber every time to get it to shoot.

All in all this was a six month headache for both myself and Greg at PAW who had been there the entire time. He gave me his cell number, wanted all the updates, and did everything he could. At this point, he asked me to bring it back in and gave me a refund for the gun. I was afraid I just lost hundreds for something that never, ever worked but he made sure to take care of me. I can't think of any other local dealer who would do something like this.

This is why having a good working relationship with smaller shops like PAW is a good thing for enthusiasts. They want to keep their customers coming back so they will go above and beyond to offer them a level of service you might not get from a lot of places.

-Mike

I had another pleasant experience over here yesterday. I was surprised to see some .223, a stripped YHM lower, and a carbine upper there as well. Go check these guys out, the'll try their hardest to make you happy.

I stopped in PAW today after dealing with the crazed mobs at Bass Pro. I picked up a couple of boxes of .223(not many left) and talked about getting some items hopefully next week. I've lived in Franklin for 20 years and it's nice to finally have a good shop right in town!

I picked up a YHM lower and a few hicap magazines from PAW on Sunday. Little over an hour away from me, but I will gladly drive down to Franklin to give these guys my business. Great atmosphere nice, clean, and organized shop. Super accommodating (They are not even open on Sundays but Greg was there for me to grab my lower). They don't talk to you like your bugging them, top notch place. Will be recommending them to all my buddies.

I have been to PAW many, many times since they have opened. Since they refunded me for a lemon BG380, I have sold and purchased a number of firearms from them. I exlusively buy all of my rifle ammo and most of my pistol ammo from them (About 2k rounds a month) and many of my family have also purchased firearms here. We've all had great experiences.

I was suggested a Walther PPS when I was inquiring about easy to carry pistols. It is by far my favorite CC pistol for any wear and I have it on me always.

I most recently stopped in with my cousin, cleaned them out of Tula 9mm, and then purchased a pair of new .22lr pistols (Ruger SR22 for me and ISSC M22 for my cousin) and we couldn't be happier.

Just realized that PAW is only 1/4 from my office. Definitely need to check it out. What times of day are they more likely to be open?

I just realized that PAW about 1/4 mile from my office. Definitely need to check it out soon. What days and times are they more likely to be open?

great shop!!! i stop by this shop on a regular basis and have purchased a DPMS AR-15 from them and hundreds of round of ammo. Greg and John are great guys and always willing to talk and answer as many questions as you can ask them. the shop is always loaded with accessories and recently they have had a great selection of new and used firearms. i highly recommend them to any fellow gun owner!!!

-Max

I finally got to swing by PAW yesterday. Greg was not in, but got to meet John. Awesome shop with wall of black evil rifles. I pickup a few AR accessories, but run out of change to paid for the awesome .22 LR bullet. May be next time. Need to talk to Greg and hope he gives me a deal on the .22lr.

Sent it from iPhone 5 LTE

these guys are great as always!!! picked up a windham today 9one of many purchases from these guys) and they put my goodies on right there...the selection is awesome!!! and they are moved to a larger space next door so they can put ALL of the inventory out. they have a great selection compared to most shops and plenty of black rifles as well as some classis ones and tactical shotguns not to mention pistols and pre ban mags. seriously people, youll be glad you did....stop by and check thestore out and coming soon i hear you can play a round of pinball of the store machine!!

Needs more rail. (Said in "More cowbell" voice.)

-Proud to be dad every day, a licensed plumber most days, and wish I was a shoemaker on others.

Went down to Precision Armament Werks today to check out their magpul selection. I was very impressed and managed to walk away with some nice gear for my new AR. Will definitely be stopping by again soon!!!! The service was top notch and I left with a smile on my face and a slightly lighter wallet!

10/10!

Stopped in and grabbed a BCM charging handle and a crush washer. There's a ton of odds & ends for anybody out there building an AR. Lots of furniture and lower parts. Great help as always guys.

Stopped in PAW on my lunch break today for the first time.... needless to say I will gladly stop by there again! Went in there to take a look at some parts for my first ever AR build.... more than willing to help me out, literally took their time to answer every question I had, gave me a few tips and pointers to help me along (electical tape to avoid marring the finish when installing the bolt release, the trick using a razor blade for that damn pivot pin), even brought me out back to demonstrate these tricks using their vice. They helped me pick up the pieces necessary to finish my lower (buffer and stock, also sold me a nice rubber magpul grip) I was really just looking for the cheapest way out for building my AR, but after talking with them, seeing that it wold be better to go with a milspec buffer for more options in the future as oppsed to buying the $70 ATI stock and buffer kit..... awesome guys, went above and beyond to help me out, and now I'm the proud father of a completed lower thanks to their help and advice
http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/threads/245750-starting-my-build

...We also go above and beyond to carry the largest selection of AR-15 accessories of any shop in Mass that I've seen yet. ARs and other modern sporting rifles have always been a passion of mine, and I take great pride in either having that little "fiddly bit" that the customer needs for their gun...

And yet when I stopped by a couple of weeks ago to pick up a simple .223 AR-15 chamber brush, I was told you did not stock them. You stock them for .308 and the .223 ones with the goofy military threads that will not fit a standard cleaning rod. I even asked about buying an 8-36 to 8-32 adapter so that I could use the military threaded brush and was told that you did not stock those either.

If you insist on only stocking chamber brushes in the military thread, You ought to at least carry the adapters so they can be used on a standard commercial cleaning rod. I was also looking for a Magpul MS-3 I found them both at MFS.

And yet when I stopped by a couple of weeks ago to pick up a simple .223 AR-15 chamber brush, I was told you did not stock them. You stock them for .308 and the .223 ones with the goofy military threads that will not fit a standard cleaning rod. I even asked about buying an 8-36 to 8-32 adapter so that I could use the military threaded brush and was told that you did not stock those either.

If you insist on only stocking chamber brushes in the military thread, You ought to at least carry the adapters so they can be used on a standard commercial cleaning rod. I was also looking for a Magpul MS-3 I found them both at MFS.

I don't remember speaking to you about this, so it must have been one of my employees. I'm pretty sure I have the AR chamber brush in stock with the standard thread, but it comes in a tiny little plastic bag that doesn't hang very well on a peg hook. I will certainly check for it when I get to the store. If I don't have it, I will certainly order it that day. As far as the MS3 slings go, we have them in both Coyote Tan and balck so I'm not sure what the story is there. I will also speak to my employees about offering to order something that we may not have readily available.

Thanks for your feedback!

First I want to say that PAW is a great place and everyone I've talked to in there have treated me with nothing but respect. I know these guys can handle their own battles but I just want to step in this as someone who has worked for multiple stores and been behind the counter in many more. Accessories are a pain in the ass. Holsters, cleaning supplies, etc. There are literally hundreds of thousands of products out there. To stock them all you would need a store the size of Cabela's but stock nothing but gun shit. Some will say well just buy a couple of this or that, but then the stores loose out on volume pricing and the customer is just going to tell them they can buy it cheaper on eBay anyway. Support your local store as much as you can. If they don't have the item, ask if they will order it. If they don't have interest in ordering it, don't get mad and post on the net on how they won't order what you need. Just buy it elsewhere. It just doesn't make business sense to buy $10 worth of product, then pay $5 shipping to please one or two customers and then have 10 more complain that the prices are too high and they can get a better deal.

As far as guns go, nobody local is going to beat FS prices on S&W's and such and still make money. I've had people call me and tell me that can buy a new M&P for $10 over my cost. There is no money to be made there. The paperwork alone isn't worth the $10. FS is also a great place, but they buy in massive bulk and the average gun shop cannot compete with those prices. Like we used to tell our customers at the places I worked, "If you want to drive 45 minutes to save $50 go right ahead, it won't hurt our feelings and we won't be mad at you".

ETA; This is just me speaking, not PAW. I know the crew there but have never worked with or for them. I am speaking as a gun owner and someone who has much experience on the other side of the counter as well.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure I have the AR chamber brush in stock with the standard thread, but it comes in a tiny little plastic bag that doesn't hang very well on a peg hook. I will certainly check for it when I get to the store. If I don't have it, I will certainly order it that day. As far as the MS3 slings go, we have them in both Coyote Tan and balck so I'm not sure what the story is there. I will also speak to my employees about offering to order something that we may not have readily available.

IIRC you had 3 different chamber brushes hanging on the wall (upper left of the wall with all the magpul products) Going by memory you had .308, .223 military in nylon and .223 military in wire. No .223 commercial in either nylon or wire.
I found this odd, so I asked the guy and was told that those were the only ones that you stocked. When I asked about having the adapter I got a look that made me think that he had no idea what I was talking about.
Yes, You had the MS-3 right there on the wall, but by that time I was already discouraged and went elsewhere.

I would recommend that people checkout PAW. They seem like a good group of guys, the shop was clean, fully stocked with ammo, accessories and EBR's.

Last edited:
As a new(er) shooter, I have to offer that Greg and his team have been great at answering questions and providing guidance. I've been visiting a lot of eastern Mass stores and there are several where (in my experience) you feel like the staff couldn't be bothered to speak with you. Greg and Chris have been nothing but friendly and helpful.

Regarding pricing, I've got a revolver on order with Greg for a very fair price...less than retail list. Even if price were an issue, I'm likely to spend that extra cash locally to keep a small local business afloat rather than drive an hour.

Hello,

I just moved to Franklin last year, and I just came across this thread. Is this store still open for business? I can't seem to find a website or anything for them?

I would absolutely love to have a local gun shop 10 minutes down the street from me!

Thanks!

Ryan

They're definitely still there. Just seems like the website isn't there. Not positive about the address. They're right up the street from EMC in a small industrial park.

Back
Top Bottom