Primer Source

I think this is the safest and best option for the dealer.
@sschevy?...
It's $17k per type of primer. That's huge cash to hobby/mill style dealers, and real cash to a full time stocking shop.

If someone can get enough prepayment for the dealer to break even, and handle the accounting for individual orders, it should not be hard to find someone to handle it.

It's $17k per type of primer. That's huge cash to hobby/mill style dealers, and real cash to a full time stocking shop.

If someone can get enough prepayment for the dealer to break even, and handle the accounting for individual orders, it should not be hard to find someone to handle it.
Agreed. A fair markup on the primers, for the dealers time should make it worthwhile.

Round it to $20k for 500,000 primers. $40 per 1k and the dealer makes over $2k.

Agreed. A fair markup on the primers, for the dealers time should make it worthwhile.
Especially if you deliver cash before the order and accept all delivery risks (small, but non zero - suppose the pickup truck you use to fetch these from the pickup point get hijacked; intermediate buyers warehouse burns down; etc.

The pedigree and credentials of the importer are impeccable.

Would it need to cover all $17K since primers will sell like water on a hot day?

If he/she can get a few thousand, I am sure that would make him/her feel more comfortable.

I’m in on prepaying. I’d increase my buy amount from 3k up to 10k if it would make a difference.

My only gripe is that a MA dealer excludes the rest of the "Northeast" from getting in on the fun, whereas a NH shop makes it's a little easier legally. Yes, it's a bit self-serving...
Could ask someone else (in MA) to pay the dealer with money you give them?

Has anyone mentioned what brand the primers are? If they are small pistol, and brand is CCI, Federal, or Winchester, I don't think it will be difficult to get a small handful of shooters to each take 100k.

Has anyone mentioned what brand the primers are? If they are small pistol, and brand is CCI, Federal, or Winchester, I don't think it will be difficult to get a small handful of shooters to each take 100k.

OP asked us not to in post 13ish

Roger that. Can someone tell me how much volume and weight 500k primers is?
Would they all fit in the back of a Ford F150 pickup? Or would you need to rent a small U-Haul box truck?
Would they be shipped somewhere with a forklift to put them in your truck?
Should all of these questions be asked/answered offline?

Would they all fit in the back of a Ford F150 pickup? Or would you need to rent a small U-Haul box truck?
It is 500 boxes that are fairly small. A lot depends on the brand, but I dont think anyone has bigger boxes than Federal. For reference.

Making it simple. You could throw 20 boxes in a backpack and you would barely feel the weight. That is how light primers are. A Prius could handle all 500 boxes.

Reference, CCI, Winchester and Federal.

20201109_195554.jpg

20201109_195746.jpg

Last edited:
I ran some numbers, if we could get 5 people to put up $3,500 each we could minimize risk, make > 20% annualized on our dough AND give a shop a GOOD payday for his troubles. The only way I’d be in is if this shipment lands in MA BEFORE inauguration day and we can get a performance bond. I would be in for $3.5k if we could get those things lined up/confirmed. Also want to see a history of performance from the broker/importer. Need a shop to sign up to accept and handle the inventory/retail sale. Anyone else have the appetite for this?

I ran some numbers, if we could get 5 people to put up $3,500 each we could minimize risk, make > 20% annualized on our dough AND give a shop a GOOD payday for his troubles. The only way I’d be in is if this shipment lands in MA BEFORE inauguration day and we can get a performance bond. I would be in for $3.5k if we could get those things lined up/confirmed. Also want to see a history of performance from the broker/importer. Need a shop to sign up to accept and handle the inventory/retail sale. Anyone else have the appetite for this?
Why do we need a shop for this?
If we have 4 or 5 people who are in???
I’m interested.

I'd be in for primers (all types, though my LRP stash is the lowest right now), and I have no problem pre-paying as well if it goes that route

Why do we need a shop for this?
If we have 4 or 5 people who are in???
I’m interested.
Not sure really, I don’t know enough about the legality of taking delivery of half a million primers. Money I get,dealing with the bs of massholistan, not so much...

I’d be interested in 209-equivalent shotgun primers if anyone else is. I’d like something in the neighborhood of 8-10K, but can’t justify more than that.

For a reference I just weighed a case (5k) of Federal SPP and CCI SPP
CEC79B81-0420-456D-890B-C47E2F79F89B.jpeg38124D7D-E504-4FDE-A5C4-9FE41DB93A43.jpeg

12k Fiocchi SPPs weigh 5.7 kg or 12.57 pounds.
025BC9B7-779F-491A-A14F-38B07EEC7386.jpeg

So looks like 500k would weigh somewhere between ~450 pounds and ~800 pounds.

I have heard of the 500,000 units being referred to as a pallet. It's only 200 cases of 500 (US case size not sure how these are cased) so I am pretty sure 500K would fit in a pickup.

I have heard of the 500,000 units being referred to as a pallet. It's only 200 cases of 500 (US case size not sure how these are cased) so I am pretty sure 500K would fit in a pickup.
Not sure really, I don’t know enough about the legality of taking delivery of half a million primers. Money I get,dealing with the bs of massholistan, not so much...
Components are legally ammo in the DPRM. I am not going to screw around with large scale distribution as I do not have a dealers license and am not set up to collect sales tax.

Components are legally ammo in the DPRM. I am not going to screw around with large scale distribution as I do not have a dealers license and am not set up to collect sales tax.
And that answers the question of why we need an ffl/retail shop.

Then the deal is not for you.

Details:
  • This takes 2-3 months. The primers do not exist; the factory is scheduling is production now and just added the 1M order I set up. Another order might not even make this month's run. The broker is not under control of the delivery schedule, and is not underwriting performance risks for his 10%.
  • The seller is NOT a professional broker. It's a exec at an ammo company who is doing this, above board, to make a bit on his commission as well as boost his stature as a customer (volume wise)
  • He's not going to get into performance bonds for this side venture; not worth the hassle; and this primer thing is not an area of business he is looking to develop. It is largely a favor to the shooting community. If no one is interested, that is perfectly fine with him.
  • I have known him personally for years, and his father for decades. If you know me well, you probably know who I mean. STFU :oops:
  • My belief is the only risk is issues with the supplier as he wires funds in advance, though I did confirm he received a shipment very recently. I was waiting on this to give my recommendation on the $35K order hat just went in.
  • Full details and introduction to any credible person who has a viable plan to make it happen. There will be no secrets kept from the person placing the order; I just don't want to give the details out in public.

I think this is the safest and best option for the dealer.
@sschevy?...
The best deal is ONE PERSON giving the dealer the cash up front for the wholesale price, and a list of people who can pick up their order for a $15/k handling charge. That minimizes cash up front, and gives the dealer an incentive to make pickup easy

Np, not questioning anyone’s bona fides, trying to see if we can get interest from a retail shop if we can syndicate financing to extend a ”loan”. I don’t have the appetite to do a deal alone. in any event, thanks for thinking of the NES community while the pending shite show is forming in D.C.

Back
Top Bottom