• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Primer Source

The short answer to your question is yes. This is Sara guarding a friend's stash of 1M SPPs that arrived at Logan last week and are now behind an out of state compound. Unfortunately, he does not have a Hazmat shipping contract so my cut of the action is zero.

There is another recipient of an order, but no I will NOT mention the entity involved other than someone in MA is very happy this week.

No, there is not another order going out immediately. This manufacturer is quoting 2022 delivery and my contact has the stash he needed which is what motivated the order.

And yes, as expected, this took longer than expected, and there were regular progress updates from the manufacturer and domestic contact.
View attachment 474789
200.gif

The short answer to your question is yes. This is Sara guarding a friend's stash of 1M SPPs that arrived at Logan last week and are now behind an out of state compound. Unfortunately, he does not have a Hazmat shipping contract so my cut of the action is zero.

There is another recipient of an order, but no I will NOT mention the entity involved other than someone in MA is very happy this week.

No, there is not another order going out immediately. This manufacturer is quoting 2022 delivery and my contact has the stash he needed which is what motivated the order.

And yes, as expected, this took longer than expected, and there were regular progress updates from the manufacturer and domestic contact.
View attachment 474789
Holy guacamole!

nah, I'm pretty sure i know where these are going, and it isn't gunbroker.
You must be Steve P who's heavily involved in the USPSA Area 7 matches... Based on what Rob has said previously, I think I know where the primers are going now [laugh]

Last edited:
I want it noted for the record I tried to get a deal together...no risk no reward! We would have been ridin’ dirty in primers...we could have used them instead of cash at strip clubs...we could have bought women from Russia. Instead we’re trolling Larry’s site like a bunch of schlubs...(fade out to the end of Goodfellas)...hahaha. Kudos Rob, thanks for the update.

This is not directed at Rob or Steve P but I THINK some of those imported primers are now up for sale in the reloading classifieds from a dealer/gun club....the timing and brand of the primers is all too coincidental. Whatever I ain't buying em [laugh]

This is not directed at Rob or Steve P but I THINK some of those imported primers are now up for sale in the reloading classifieds from a dealer/gun club....the timing and brand of the primers is all too coincidental. Whatever I ain't buying em [laugh]

$250 per thousand; got any lube to go with that?

It's 100% them, that was my first reaction. RUAG is Swiss, so it meets Rob's OP; I have used some of their match 308 before. Too coincidental for a MA club to have commercially packed Swiss primers by the thousands that get posted not long after the "shipment has arrived" post.

For the sheer volume of the primers in the pictures in this thread, 25 cents a primer is certainly not a bulk purchase discount [laugh]

Yeah really. $200 profit per 1k if they can find a bonehead willing to buy them. Good luck with that.
Rob's OP said $35/1000 shipped, or was there a later revision?

If so, assuming 1 million primers ordered that's 1,000 batches of a thousand primers.

$250 per thousand, assume they paid $35 per thousand. $215 profit per thousand primers.

So, Weston Shooters Club / Cricket Firearms would make $215,000 off the deal if they can move them at all that price.

That assumes Weston got the full million and not less.

Rob's OP said $35/1000 shipped, or was there a later revision?

If so, assuming 1 million primers ordered that's 1,000 batches of a thousand primers.

$250 per thousand, assume they paid $35 per thousand. $215 profit per thousand primers.

So, Weston Shooters Club / Cricket Firearms would make $215,000 off the deal if they can move them at all that price.

That assumes Weston got the full million and not less.
Shit, even if they had to pay some sort of additional processing and handling fees which drove it up to $50 per 1k for example, it's still an impressive profit....IF they find suckers willing to pay $250 per 1k

Shit, even if they had to pay some sort of additional processing and handling fees which drove it up to $50 per 1k for example, it's still an impressive profit....IF they find suckers willing to pay $250 per 1k
Triple the $35 to $105/thousand out of pocket and assume they only got 250k and that's still over $36,000 profit lol.

Is that the place charging 25 cents per primer?

Nobody will pay that. If i had the money id buy at 25/k (i think that was the first number posited) then sell at 75 or something. Problem is logistics. They're going to get stuck selling a lot less than $250. Most gun shops don't even carry primers because the consumer price sensitivity on the item is retarded. (75% of the consumers reload mostly because of cost). The consumers are more likely to abandon the market and just shoot less and buy less overpriced product. Most will hold out and not overpay on principle. You could get people to suck for $75, 85 bucks sure but over 100? Not happening. Maybe a few gyrating tinfoiler types will, but that's about it. Reloaders are not necessarily skinflints, but every reloader I know tracks cost, cost is a fundamental motivator in a reloading activity that is performed in bulk. Think about it like a middle class family with an RV that gets 8 mpg. If gas is $6.00 a gallon a given summer they're either going to cut back their camping or not go. This market is not like the cauldron of noobs paying a $1 a round for 9mm. Most reloaders effectively refuse to do that. They will go without long before overpaying.

Back
Top Bottom