• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

PSA: Honor your WTS deal too much to ask?

For those strongly advocating giving neg feedback in general, have you given anyone a neg feedback on a deal here? I barely see any. I know most on NES are stand up people, but ratings are like 99.999% positive. Even better rating than Kim Jung Un gets in NK.

I left one negative feedback a long time ago and I still think the guy is a member here, but it doesn't show up. Must have gotten lost when the old board migrated to the new board maybe.

That was the only time I had leave negative feedback.

Nobody’s “crying.” Now it’s you who needs perspective.

OP has a firm grasp on his own options, his emotions, and the customs of the people who buy and sell on this site. He asked a clear question and achieved rapid consensus. Nobody here is clutching pearls. The discussion was largely well-reasoned, and took into account many things that you’re conveniently glossing over.

One wonders whether you read the entire thread…

Spoiler alert, I didn't read the whole thread because its a pretty straightforward topic. We have a rep system in place, use it...

It's not about who you think was harmed, it's about right & wrong and the seller was dead wrong. Also, a price/date/time was set; what if the buyer asked for time off work, or arranged coverage for his kid, or went to the bank to get cash that he now doesn't need? What if this transaction was the catalyst for him selling or buying something else which now he doesn't need (holster, accessories, etc.)?

The fact that you would never fault someone for taking a better deal after having accepted an offer and setting a time says a lot about you.

I wouldn't fault someone because I can't control what other people do - I can only control my own actions. I don't live in a fantasy world where everyone thinks the same way I do. Let's stop acting like the seller punched a baby in the face. He's a cheap f***, probably similar to a lot of you.

I already stated that I would have honored the agreed upon price - thanks for ignoring that to suit your narrative.

I've sold items here once or twice. Once or twice I've had a buyer say they'll take it and then I get a subsequent offer from someone else for more $$. Sometimes a LOT more $$.

I will not entertain any of those offers. You post something for sale and come to an agreement with a buyer, it's done. Offer -> acceptance = contract. If you bust a deal you deserve every bit of neg rep that comes your way. Even more so if you bust it to get more money from someone else. You screwed over a buyer/seller after making an agreement in good faith. If you want more money, price it higher to begin with. No one likes a bait and switch and there are sites out there if you want to run an auction.

“In life and in business, your word must have value. Integrity is a priceless asset. Remember, a check is only as good as the person writing it. If their credibility is questionable, you may want to invest your time elsewhere.”

If I started a thread everytime I got a "I'll Take It", and never hear from the ahole again, I'd have a ton more posts. A shitbag move, no doubt, but get over it.

Deal is a deal. Honorable behavior is what I teach my kids 24/7. If my kid did this, I'd make them give them the item for free and then put them to work for a full day. If they complained, 2 days of work. What is wrong with people today? Never, ever make a deal and back out. Never!

Back
Top Bottom