Purchased a shield at Atlantic Tactical Westwood

Ask but I don't think they sell any used guns there.

You'll get more money here on NES anyway.

Ya, I am thinking of listing it here. Just didn't want to go thru the EFA-10 hassle of researching how to use it and finding public wife. I also have 5/6 boxes of ammo to go with it. So that would add more money to the sale.

Ya, I am thinking of listing it here. Just didn't want to go thru the EFA-10 hassle of researching how to use it and finding public wife. I also have 5/6 boxes of ammo to go with it. So that would add more money to the sale.

[laugh] I don't know where you can find a public wife either. [rofl]

Pull into any DD parking lot, the public library parking area (might be a bit far but Mansfield PL has 2 public WiFi routers, one for the Senior Center and the other for the Library), etc.

If you are attending the MF&G meeting tonight see me after the meeting and I can possibly help you with another idea.

Not gonna beat that. Take it to Greg Derr and get a trigger job and spend wht the all venerable four season charges. No brainier.

[laugh] I don't know where you can find a public wife either. [rofl]

Pull into any DD parking lot, the public library parking area (might be a bit far but Mansfield PL has 2 public WiFi routers, one for the Senior Center and the other for the Library), etc.

If you are attending the MF&G meeting tonight see me after the meeting and I can possibly help you with another idea.

Sounds good. Not sure if I will be able to attend yet. Need to see kids schedule first. The only thing the BG is good for is sweat pants/gym carry. It's so light it doesn't pull on them.

4S claims to match listed prices of their competitors, the possible issue i see trying to get them to match this price is that Atlantic Tactical lists the Shield on their website as $319 as the 'First Responder' price and commercial as $369.

Are you gents first responders or can anyone get this $299 deal?

Anyone. It is a grand opening sale. They actually opened last May but only got their MA Dealer's License from Westwood PD a month ago . . . chief held them up for 7 months!!

I think I'll have to swing by.. I was waiting to get a Walther PPS but at $299 new I don't know if I can pass the shield by.. Anyone shot both? I haven't tried a shield other than holding at the counter.

Just got off the phone with them and they have 113 in stock, yes 113. If only they were open on the weekend now.

I just called them, they said they don't have any more 9 shields in stock right now but have them on order and to check back in a week.

102 (- 1) in inventory as of 11 AM today.

They are a large mail-order cop-shop with a few retail stores. Probably a volume thing. Haven't seen that price elsewhere so I doubt that it is a S&W promo.
Len,
I would have to agree with you.

BTW,
Awesome guys to deal with... Absolutely no attitude!
They are well aware of NES spreading the word and appreciate it.

Last edited:
I think I'll have to swing by.. I was waiting to get a Walther PPS but at $299 new I don't know if I can pass the shield by.. Anyone shot both? I haven't tried a shield other than holding at the counter.

I have shot both and prefer the PPS. I will also tell you that I own the PPS. But, guns are like cars, what I like you may not.

If you look for the PPS, look for the S disconnect not the H. If you buy one with the H, no one has listed a gunsmith ( at least here at NES) in the eastern half of Massachusetts that will do a second disconnect swap. The only gunsmith that I am aware of that has done more than one is Dark Horse Gunsmithing in the western part of the state. Just an FYI.

might be taking an extended lunch today haha

I was gonna do exactly that, but my companies no-no policy was nibbling at the back of my brain.
I'm near enough that I'm going this afternoon... Decisions decisions: I'm all tooled up, including brass that I acquired for the purpose, to load for fo-tay.

I own no nines, nor any fo-tays for that matter: I tooled up and stocked up on once-fired brass because I hope to eventually take possession of my G22C that is stuck in New Hampshire. [rolleyes]

I have shot both and prefer the PPS. I will also tell you that I own the PPS. But, guns are like cars, what I like you may not.

If you look for the PPS, look for the S disconnect not the H. If you buy one with the H, no one has listed a gunsmith ( at least here at NES) in the eastern half of Massachusetts that will do a second disconnect swap. The only gunsmith that I am aware of that has done more than one is Dark Horse Gunsmithing in the western part of the state. Just an FYI.

I do know about the H vs S but hadn't heard of anywhere still willing to make the swap.. That's part of why I've been holding off. I'll have to see if I can get my hands on a shield to try out, I'm still leaning towards Walther based on the ergos from holding them both but maybe the shield will impress a little more after shooting.
Thanks

Bought mine at 10:00 am today and just dropped it off with Dave Santurri for a trigger job.. [thumbsup]

I was gonna do exactly that, but my companies no-no policy was nibbling at the back of my brain.
I'm near enough that I'm going this afternoon... Decisions decisions: I'm all tooled up, including brass that I acquired for the purpose, to load for fo-tay.

I own no nines, nor any fo-tays for that matter: I tooled up and stocked up on once-fired brass because I hope to eventually take possession of my G22C that is stuck in New Hampshire. [rolleyes]

yeah I'm 45 min away and with however long the background check could take i've decided to wait and maybe have a 'Doctor Appointment' tomorrow or thursday evening that i need to leave work early for.

Those of you that went this week, how long until you were out the door?

yeah I'm 45 min away and with however long the background check could take i've decided to wait and maybe have a 'Doctor Appointment' tomorrow or thursday evening that i need to leave work early for.

Those of you that went this week, how long until you were out the door?

It was fast from start to finish maybe 15 min

4S claims to match listed prices of their competitors, the possible issue i see trying to get them to match this price is that Atlantic Tactical lists the Shield on their website as $319 as the 'First Responder' price and commercial as $369.

Are you gents first responders or can anyone get this $299 deal?

Everyone $299

I am not a 1st R and just got it at $299.95. This runs until the end of the month. Normal price is $329.

Any one catch any prices on anything else?

Prices on the tags looked about normal (shield price tag was $329), so it was hard to tell what's on sale, I didn't see any sales advertisements while I was there, but I could have missed it.

Prices on the tags looked about normal (shield price tag was $329), so it was hard to tell what's on sale, I didn't see any sales advertisements while I was there, but I could have missed it.

They Emailed the sale flier to those on their Email list back on 12/1/14. Apparently (but verify) all these prices might be extended to the end of this month. Here's a scan of said flier.

How does this work? Do I have to order on their website, then pick up in store? Or just walk into the store like a regular gun shop?

Back
Top Bottom