Question on a couple of Maine ranges...

PatMcD may know about the Topsham range. I know he's been involved with a range near Richmond, Merrymeeting R&G.

I believe Durham is still up and running. I've spoken to someone that is a member there, his username on AR15.com is Hokie.

I am a member at Durham. Yes, it is still in operation. It is located off the Pound Rd, which is off Rt 136 in Durham.

The Topsham range, The Merrymeeting Sportsmen's Association has been sold to a church. The "new" MMSA is relocating to a 300+ acre site off of Rt. 201 in Bowdoin. Still putting in the road at this point. Plans are for skeet ranges, sporting clays, a 600yd rifle range (eventually), several handgun pits, Police ranges, trout ponds, etc..

Thanks PatMcD! That is great news. I know a few other guys looking for something closer to us (Lisbon) and I will let them know as well. Do you know where I can get more information on either the Durham and/or "new" MMSA range/club?

Thanks PatMcD! That is great news. I know a few other guys looking for something closer to us (Lisbon) and I will let them know as well. Do you know where I can get more information on either the Durham and/or "new" MMSA range/club?

For the Durham club, I'll have to find out where to send you for info.. C&R Trading Post in Brunswick may have application forms.

For the new MMSA club, I will let you know as soon as there is a range and something to be a member of. I am the VP, so I'll have the latest and post it here.

Thanks again. I have managed to contact the Durham club (or at least one of the members). If that doesn't pan out I'll hit C&R (always glad for an excuse to stop at a shop).

I am very interested in the MMSA as well since it's right in my back yard (I'm in Lisbon).

Back
Top Bottom