• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Reading Rifle and Revolver

Attachments

• Picture 2.png
    Picture 2.png
    19.7 KB · Views: 69
terraformer, did you ever end up joining? Thinking of going there next weekend to check it out.

Anyone know if they still have a waiting list to join?

Anyone a member? I'd like to see the place, with the new rifle I'd like to get access to some long shooting places, and Reading is pretty close. If anyone was going Saturday, I'd love to meet up.

I'm Mass Rifle Association member, but there are some restrictions that I'm not fond of, namely I'd like to be able to belong to a range that allows:
-Mil surplus steel core 7.62x54R (>=100yds)
-Plinking

Reading Rifle is really close by though. I can't seem to find any range rules for Reading Rifle anywhere that discuss these, are they allowed there? If I don't need to go to southern NH or west of 495 to be able to do this, it'd be a real treat. (ignore the application/wait/acceptance aspects of this question please)

Last edited:
I'm Mass Rifle Association member, but there are some restrictions that I'm not fond of, namely I'd like to be able to belong to a range that allows:
-Mil surplus steel core 7.62x54R (>=100yds)
-Plinking

Reading Rifle is really close by though. I can't seem to find any range rules for Reading Rifle anywhere that discuss these, are they allowed there? If I don't need to go to southern NH or west of 495 to be able to do this, it'd be a real treat. (ignore the application/wait/acceptance aspects of this question please)

Do you mean green tip ammo? If so, at MRA it is allowed. (armor piercing is not - there is a difference) And the Summa (MRA) is 200 yards.

"plinking" ? not sure what you mean. Do you mean, e.g. tin cans at 50'?

Last edited:
Do you mean green tip ammo?

Nope, I'm talking steel core mil surplus 7.62x54R for my Mosin 91/30. The stuff that's $100 for 440rds!

"plinking" ? not sure what you mean. Do you mean, e.g. tin cans at 50'?

Right, tin cans, etc, just not paper targets. Nothing crazy like appliances or anything, stuff that can be cleaned up (I'm a good citizen), preferably anywhere from 50' to 100yards. Not necessarily with the steel core, seperate question. Just really liked plinking and miss it.

Last edited:
Paper targets only.. I love it there

They have the 5 round pistol rule
Onthe 50-175 yard range rifles over .22 cal limited to single round loaded at time. 200+ no limit.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom