Reloading Bench Photos

Moved into my new house in NH in July and been saying I need to build a proper reloading bench. Finally got around to it over the holidays and called it DONE last night. Built it out of Douglas Fir, legs are 4x4, bench top is 2x8, the rest is 2x4. Planed the top boards down to about 1.25" to get them as uniform and flat as I could. Stained it all "Early American" and then did several coats of polyurethane. Did a few extra coats of poly on the top and the shelf underneath. Added holes with threaded inserts to mount the press. Planning to add more for the other tools (powder drop, case trimmer, case prepper) but want to wait and see where I like to have them first. Pegboard might come in useful for more than just the case gauge, and the clamp on lamp is nice so I can get extra light where I need it. Hoping to give it a try tonight and see how it all works out.

Bench.jpg

Hopefully going to get started in the game or reloading this year/real soon and this is a beautiful setup/room. Best of luck, it's perfect.
Finally done.
IMG_0826fffff_zpsyjp6rb4y.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Happiness

After 10 years working in a cramped porch most of you know what that is like : ( , finally built a garage 24 ' x 38 ' all the comforts of home and a 16' bench to put my two 650 blue machines on will post more as I go. Loading Bench.jpeg Loading Bench.jpg

4135c92e0ded5ea5b1b5b78818fea39f.jpg

Bought our first house just over a year ago and haven't had time to load much since. I rearranged the basement And set this up recently. Hoping to get back into everything real soon.

I put this together over the last few days, replacing the one that was in the garage when I bought it. It's my first venture into woodworking and may not be pretty, but it is solid. I still need to remove the shelf above the left bench, but work put a halt on progress for the next four days.

I put this together over the last few days, replacing the one that was in the garage when I bought it. It's my first venture into woodworking and may not be pretty, but it is solid. I still need to remove the shelf above the left bench, but work put a halt on progress for the next four days.

Looks great. Did you have plans or did you just throw it together?

Hey, how do you like that Stack-On cabinet?

Love it. I have a stack-on pistol safe that's just tall enough to put a couple carbines in the front. I was building the rifles too fast though to fit them in and needed to get the rifles out the 40" tall pistol safe.
Bought this one at Walmart for 200 bucks (best price around). Bought some thin carpet at home depot and spray on adhesive and lined the inside walls.
Just what I needed to store some additional rifles, lowers, reloading supplies, etc. at a fairly cheap price.
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Stack-On-Products-16-Gun-Tactical-Security-Cabinet-Black/24869277

Used a useless garage sale butcher block and the useless loft in my home office to set up my first real reloading bench...with a Lee classic turret. Sure beats the Lee hand press that I started with!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    80.1 KB · Views: 174
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 178
What is the open ended PVC tube for?

Wondering that myself. Dust collection?

central vacuum?

If I remember his build thread, it is a central vac on the other side of the wall, to vac brass chips from the powered case trimmer.

One page back:

View attachment 150237

New room.About 85% done. Wiring up a central vac tonight for my trimmers...few odds n ends to wrap up still.

After 10 years working in a cramped porch most of you know what that is like : ( , finally built a garage 24 ' x 38 ' all the comforts of home and a 16' bench to put my two 650 blue machines on will post more as I go.View attachment 156938View attachment 156939

Finally finished with my Loading / Bike area , found / stole a bunch of ideas from you guys , thanks

Attachments

• KIMG0196.jpg
    KIMG0196.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 223
Ahh yes sir 1987 Heritage Softail , only had one leak at the primary cover has been fixed, the carpet is more for my three dogs , but I am an anal ******* when it comes to my shop being clean [rolleyes]

Ahh yes sir 1987 Heritage Softail , only had one leak at the primary cover has been fixed, the carpet is more for my three dogs , but I am an anal ******* when it comes to my shop being clean [rolleyes]

Nothing wrong with that.

And, if anyone (else) asks, remember: Harleys don't leak oil, they're just marking their territory!

Back
Top Bottom