reloading componate sales

I would like to know why componets can't be shipped to Mass.. Also who made this decision and how it is inforced..
Tried to order bullets,not loaded ammo,today from Barry's bullet Co and was told that thet couldn't ship to mass..Must say there are other companys that will ship here but why can't some that have in the past shipped here now won't or can't..I find this as another means to harass gun owners and also interfere with interstate commerce..
Who thinks that they have the right to decide for you where you will shop and spend your hard earned money ???

Chapter 140: Section 121. Firearms sales; definitions; antique firearms; application of law; exceptions

Section 121. As used in sections 122 to 131P, inclusive, the following words shall, unless the context clearly requires otherwise, have the following meanings:-

“Ammunition”, cartridges or cartridge cases, primers (igniter), bullets or propellant powder designed for use in any firearm, rifle or shotgun. The term “ammunition” shall also mean tear gas cartridges, chemical mace or any device or instrument which contains or emits a liquid, gas, powder or any other substance designed to incapacitate.
Full Text http://www.mass.gov/legis/laws/mgl/140-121.htm

And then add this to the above:
Chapter 140: Section 122B. Sale of ammunition; license; fees; rules and regulations; refusal, suspension or revocation of license; judicial review; penalties

Section 122B. No person shall sell ammunition in the commonwealth unless duly licensed. The chief of police or the board or officer having control of the police in a city or town, or persons authorized by them, may, after an investigation into the criminal history of the applicant to determine eligibility to be licensed under this section, grant a license to any person, except...
Full Text: http://www.mass.gov/legis/laws/mgl/140-122b.htm

If you do some searching in the "Gun Laws" section, you'll find a few threads related to this.

Guess that there is more reason to shop in a free state to the north..
Will some of this change after the elections this fall ??
Or are we screwed with this crap forever ??

Guess that there is more reason to shop in a free state to the north..
Will some of this change after the elections this fall ??
Or are we screwed with this crap forever ??

First and foremost, this "restriction" has very little to do with the
law.

It has a LOT to do, with the anti-gun agenda of the MA Attorney General,
Tom Reilly. He's using an overly expansionist interpretation of the MA
laws on ammo/bullet sales to strongarm vendors into not shipping stuff
here.

This will not stop until the attorney general is replaced with someone who
either is pro gun or doesnt care about the issue. If coakley gets the AG
spot, I doubt anything will change. She's a reilly clone (So please,
please... vote for Larry Frisoli!)

-Mike

I would like to know why componets [sic]can't be shipped to Mass.. Also who made this decision and how it is inforced.[sic].

I'd like to know where you've been for over half a decade. This is hardly a new issue and, as was brought to your attention, has been discussed at length and often on this forum. Do a search.

The simple answer is that the AG, as part of his aggrandizement of office, ignored the Commerce Clause and decreed jurisdiction over OUT OF STATE sales of not only ammunition, but components. Many suppliers have kowtowed to his fiat.

Some, however, have not. I recently received 4,000 bullets and got about 2,500 rounds of M855 ball this year as well. It CAN be done; shop around. Google exists for a reason. [wink]

But don't be stupid enought to list your sources on forums!

And vote for Frisoli !

Back
Top Bottom