• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Question about sales ages ago….

Steve600

NES Member
Back in the 80’s I had a friend or two that would sell rifles to each other. I don’t believe they ever even made out a bill of sale. After all these years, are those guns registered in the original owners name?

Back in the 80’s I had a friend or two that would sell rifles to each other. I don’t believe they ever even made out a bill of sale. After all these years, are those guns registered in the original owners name?

1: don’t worry about it. There’s no legal requirement that guns be registered

2: it’s long enough ago that even if they didn’t report the transaction, the statute of limitations has expired

3: The state’s records are mostly garbage from back then, so even if they followed all the rules, the state probably doesn’t know

4: nobody is under any obligation to correct, complete, or verify the state’s records.

5: nothing ever comes out of the database, so even if they think you have something, that doesn’t mean you do. (And they know it)

1: don’t worry about it. There’s no legal requirement that guns be registered

2: it’s long enough ago that even if they didn’t report the transaction, the statute of limitations has expired

3: The state’s records are mostly garbage from back then, so even if they followed all the rules, the state probably doesn’t know

4: nobody is under any obligation to correct, complete, or verify the state’s records.

5: nothing ever comes out of the database, so even if they think you have something, that doesn’t mean you do. (And they know it)
All of the above makes me happy.

Back
Top Bottom